The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah Raleigh Park and St Peter's Court are very far away, and you'll be best off going to Broadgate, or stick to catered halls on campus.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I want to go to Hugh Stewart, looks the nicest by far, and is right next to the economics block :biggrin: But if you can't apply to individual halls, I'll just have to hope.
Reply 22
Half of Hu Stu looks like a council estate, dont be fooled by the pretty bit. If you want pretty go for Florence Boot, Nightingale, Lincoln or Lenton and Wortley.
Reply 23
Modern halls have to be those on Jubilee!! However, not close to law buildings, but it doesn't take that long once you work out those hopper bus times and also get a few mates to get them with! Plus sometimes the walk is nice!!
Reply 24
If I want to be close to the law school and en-suite + modern,
where would you suggest?
Reply 25
The closest hall with ensuites to the law building is probably Rutland. Less than a 10 minute walk, nice walk up the downs every day. Its one of the newest halls aswell, with a new extension block full of ensuites. However it is not the most pretty.
Reply 26
Whatever you do, don't apply for off-campus accommodation unless there's some ridiculous reason you can't live in any of the halls on campus. You will miss out socially, regardless of whatever any BGP residents may tell you.
Reply 27
Aren't campus halls only catered?
Reply 28
Yes.
Reply 29
Why do you care about modern? Modern doesn't = good. Cripps and Hu Stu are closest to the economics building, they've got bigger rooms, the rooms are still nice, the halls are nicer on the outside than BGP and the social life will almost certainly be better.

However, in general, the more modern halls are situated on the outskirts of the campus and off campus, for obvious reasons.
Reply 30
I think I will apply to hu stew, ccripps and bgp
Reply 31
You can't apply to halls on campus individually i.e. Hugh Stewart, Cripps. You just choose 'University Park' and the type of room (single/en-suite) and then it's pot luck in regards to which on-campus hall you're allocated. That's yet another downfall of choosing 'University Park' as your accommodation choice as you could end up staying at a rubbish hall.
Reply 32
omg, can u choose self catered halls?
v2006
omg, can u choose self catered halls?

are u not at imperial?
Reply 34
nope, thats an old pic and dont know how to remove it; do you know how to?
Reply 35
Yes you can choose self-catered halls, so if you choose BGP, you will get BGP.
Reply 36
nicee, what other self catered hall should I apply to?
Reply 37
Oh If I choose BGP, I will definitely get it? Where are you staying next year?
Reply 38
Well there are 2000+ rooms at BGP, so it's very likely that you'll get a room here if it's your first choice. I wouldn't apply to the other self-catered halls (Raleigh Park/St. Peter's Court) as they are far away from the main Uni campus and it's a hassle to get into Uni everyday.

I'm probably going to be in a house next year. If not, I'll probably stay in BGP.
Reply 39
Raleigh Park is close to Jubilee Campus isn't it?! Which is where you can catch a hopper bus from. It's not near the law building but with the bus it is not so much of a drag. I live on Jubilee Campus and part of my degree incorporates French, so I regularly go over to main campus on the bus and have never had any problems with it.

Latest

Trending

Trending