The Student Room Group

Engineering course

Hello fellow 1st year engineers, just thought I'll ask how is everyone finding their course at uni so far?
Here we only do compulsory maths and engineering 1 (which includes chemical, mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering disciplines). So far it's dead-boring and we study the most basic things, no application, and it's all theory. Not quite what I expected. How is the course at your uni? (And does it get better in later years? ;D )
Reply 1
Original post by GoodMourning
Hello fellow 1st year engineers, just thought I'll ask how is everyone finding their course at uni so far?
Here we only do compulsory maths and engineering 1 (which includes chemical, mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering disciplines). So far it's dead-boring and we study the most basic things, no application, and it's all theory. Not quite what I expected. How is the course at your uni? (And does it get better in later years? ;D )

I can move your thread to the Engineering forum. That's where the engineers can generally be found :wink:

Which university are you at?

Are you at Edinburgh? Sounds awfully familiar.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Are you at Edinburgh? Sounds awfully familiar.

Yep, Edinburgh :biggrin: What are the odds
Original post by Doonesbury
I can move your thread to the Engineering forum. That's where the engineers can generally be found :wink:

Which university are you at?

Sure, thanks :smile: Edinburgh university :tongue:
Yep, Edinburgh :biggrin: What are the odds

Nice.

What course are you on? And which disciplines for Engineering 1 are you doing? I'm on electrical and mechanical.

Also, that pi haus joke last Wednesday in the maths lecture... savage.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Nice.

What course are you on? And which disciplines for Engineering 1 are you doing? I'm on electrical and mechanical.

Also, that pi haus joke last Wednesday in the maths lecture... savage.

Probably missed the joke... I'm technically registered for mechanical engineering, but I've been doing electrical engineering and mechanical engineering, and I'm probably gonna switch to that. I'm also doing computer programming (honestly the only interesting course but hella difficult :biggrin:).. What about you?
Probably missed the joke... I'm technically registered for mechanical engineering, but I've been doing electrical engineering and mechanical engineering, and I'm probably gonna switch to that. I'm also doing computer programming (honestly the only interesting course but hella difficult :biggrin:).. What about you?

EE and CompSci
Reply 8
Sure, thanks :smile: Edinburgh university :tongue:

Moved :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Can you help me, i want to know more about eng at Edinburgh uni

Quick Reply

Latest