The Student Room Group

BT Graduate assessment centre

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Passed the test a month ago, but haven't receieved an interview invite :frown:
Reply 81
Original post by fdhjfdsfshdjfds
I attended an assessment centre and was offered the job. There is an interview with some standard questions and a few random ones, nothing too difficult, just research the company and the role you have applied for.

There was also a group discussion, again, not exactly surprising and also nothing to worry about.

There were then 3 'mini assessments' which they were keen remain 'unseen.' There is genuinely no preparation you could do for these. They certainly weren't easy but also nothing to worry about. Just stay calm is the best advice I could give.

The day is long with a lot of waiting around. You wait in a room with 2 current graduates and other applications with food / drinks - all very relaxed.

Best of luck

How long did you take to find out if you'd been successful after assessment centre? Thanks!
Reply 82
Original post by bmearl
How long did you take to find out if you'd been successful after assessment centre? Thanks!

I heard within 2 days! AC on the Wednesday and got the offer the Friday afternoon :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by AJJ_96
I heard within 2 days! AC on the Wednesday and got the offer the Friday afternoon :smile:

Great! Thanks :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by Paton1596
Best of luck! I heard the best thing to do was just have in-depth knowledge of the company because you can’t really prepare for the activities! What programme was it out of curiosity? I’m hopefully waiting for an AC date![/QUOT

Mine was for the business analysis and improvement grad scheme! What about yours? Thank you, hope you get a date soon!
[QUOTE="Mil100-;75524102"]
Best of luck! I heard the best thing to do was just have in-depth knowledge of the company because you can’t really prepare for the activities! What programme was it out of curiosity? I’m hopefully waiting for an AC date![/QUOT

Mine was for the business analysis and improvement grad scheme! What about yours? Thank you, hope you get a date soon!

Mil100-, I’ve applied for business analysis and improvement too but still waiting for an AC invite after passing the video interview in November. Which office have you applied to?
[QUOTE="Mil100-;75524102"]

Sounds interesting! Customer service leadership, thankyou yeah fingers crossed!
Hey, for the people who have had their AC were everyone wearing suits (for guys)? Only asking as when invited for a AC on the phone the HR lady stressed that the dress code was smart casual and sort of threw me off? 😂
Reply 88
Original post by vmehta23
Hey, for the people who have had their AC were everyone wearing suits (for guys)? Only asking as when invited for a AC on the phone the HR lady stressed that the dress code was smart casual and sort of threw me off? 😂

Hi! It's really mixed, most of the guys more suit trousers/chinos and shirts without ties.
Reply 89
Original post by bmearl
Hi! It's really mixed, most of the guys more suit trousers/chinos and shirts without ties.

Hi,

What was the one to one interview like? Comeptency based?

Thanks!
Reply 90
[QUOTE="Jacko1445;75536674"]
Original post by Mil100-

Mil100-, I’ve applied for business analysis and improvement too but still waiting for an AC invite after passing the video interview in November. Which office have you applied to?

Hope you hear something soon! I'm sure there filling up the assessment centres!

Leeds, what about you?
Original post by Mil100-
Hope you hear something soon! I'm sure there filling up the assessment centres!

Leeds, what about you?

Hopefully, I’ve applied to so many grad schemes now I’m sure they’ll all reply in the same week (knowing my luck, near the dissertation deadline) 😂
I applied for London so likely being the most popular location, they may not have got round to doing our scheme yet.
Reply 92
Original post by Jacko1445
Hopefully, I’ve applied to so many grad schemes now I’m sure they’ll all reply in the same week (knowing my luck, near the dissertation deadline) 😂
I applied for London so likely being the most popular location, they may not have got round to doing our scheme yet.

Haha tell me about it, final year is tough!

Yeah I'm sure you will find out soon! Let me know :smile:
Hey, I applied to Business Analysis & Improvement and was told in November I'd be attending an assessment centre. I still haven't heard anything - assuming the worst.. Anyone else in the same boat lol?
Had an Assessment Centre for Business Analysis and Improvement, got an offer yesterday. It's good fun and nothing to be worried about. When they say you can't prepare you really can't! Just make sure you know BT's future opportunities and what the company stand for and you'll be fine. Good luck all!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by weejackie10
Hey, I applied to Business Analysis & Improvement and was told in November I'd be attending an assessment centre. I still haven't heard anything - assuming the worst.. Anyone else in the same boat lol?

Exactly the same here.
Original post by vmehta23
Had an Assessment Centre for Business Analysis and Improvement, got an offer yesterday. It's good fun and nothing to be worried about. When they say you can't prepare you really can't! Just make sure you know BT's future opportunities and what the company stand for and you'll be fine. Good luck all!

What location did you apply to?

I applied to London and Hatfield but still haven't heard anything. Surely if there running AC's they would have told us by now that we haven't made it?
Original post by ddd107
What location did you apply to?

I applied to London and Hatfield but still haven't heard anything. Surely if there running AC's they would have told us by now that we haven't made it?

I’m wondering if they notify candidates that got the ‘considered for AC’ email if they were unsuccessful. Annoying not knowing whether you’ll get an AC date or not!
I’m wondering if they notify candidates that got the ‘considered for AC’ email if they were unsuccessful. Annoying not knowing whether you’ll get an AC date or not!

The email did say they are holding a number of AC's over the next 3 months, so I guess I just gotta be patient.
Original post by ddd107
The email did say they are holding a number of AC's over the next 3 months, so I guess I just gotta be patient.

If anyone has had an AC for the London or Hatfield role, then I guess I'm unsuccessful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending