The Student Room Group

Are you for or against LGBT?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by xEmilyxx
Anyone of this generation who is against LGBT is in the minority. I am all for the movement and support it wholeheartedly. Bisexuality seems to be getting a lot of slack still because people don't understand that it' possible to be attracted to more than one gender. Your boyfriend may be one of those people.

Thank you for that. I do believe though he may just think the situation is a bit awkward because he said even before that he supports LGBT, but maybe never believed it was this close to heart?? Thanks though again :smile:
Being against is just funny! Can I be against Herosexuals?. We can't deny the existence of others just because they're not like yourself.
Reply 22
Original post by Bio 7
I agree with your point. I think it's mainly down to older people, and I don't mean old, being more set with the idea that straight is all that exists or that all else is wrong. But I want to clarify that I think the terms are still misunderstood by many people.
Bisexuals are attracted to members of either the female or male sex. Pansexuals are attracted to any sex or gender. I'd say anyone attracted to trans people are closer to pansexuals and Bisexuals are just attracted to cis people of either sex. Gender is a concept, sex is the original body type expressed by the sex chromosomes. Others may disagree with me on these terms but from what I've seen and from this admission of possible disagreement, the terms clearly aren't as well understood as many other terms.

I completely understand what you are both saying, and know that unfortunately it does happen too often sometimes. It’s a hard topic to discuss, and one of the reasons is this. Thank you for all the points :smile:
take your clothes off, look down check what you have and that's your gender
Reply 24
Original post by DrawTheLine
Does your boyfriend think this means you're going to be attracted to every woman you see and possibly go off him?

Not entirely sure but he may feel worried?
Reply 25
Original post by stevenasmithespn
take your clothes off, look down check what you have and that's your gender

That may be my gender, but not who I am attracted to. In this case, I am attracted to both male and females.
Original post by pinkeyhp1
Not entirely sure but he may feel worried?

He really has no need to. When he thought you were straight did he think you were attracted to every man you saw? You need to have a talk with him and let him tell you what he is feeling, no matter how ridiculous they may be to you. Let him talk and say what he feels so you can try and hopefully make him feel less concerned.
That may be my gender, but not who I am attracted to. In this case, I am attracted to both male and females.

Stop hogging the genders

edit: I'm joking
Reply 28
He really has no need to. When he thought you were straight did he think you were attracted to every man you saw? You need to have a talk with him and let him tell you what he is feeling, no matter how ridiculous they may be to you. Let him talk and say what he feels so you can try and hopefully make him feel less concerned.

I agree completely!! Thank you, do you have any ideas on how to bring the subject up or how to ask him? Thanks again :wink:
I agree completely!! Thank you, do you have any ideas on how to bring the subject up or how to ask him? Thanks again :wink:

You just have to go straight into it. Maybe when you're having dinner or something so if it becomes awkward you can just play with your food. Just say something like "so you know I told you I was bisexual, how do you feel about that?" It's likely he will try to shrug it off but you just have to be firm and say "I can tell it's bugging you, please tell me what you're feeling so I can try and make it better".
(edited 4 years ago)
I dont care what people's sexualities are, although I find the act of celebrating any sexuality to be obnoxious.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by awkwardshortguy
I dont care what people's sexualities are, although I find the act of celebrating any sexuality to be obnoxious.

The celebration is really more of a way to make different sexualities better known. There are so many that lots of people often don't realise that if they feel wrong they are really just normal as others feel the same way.
I am bisexual and have a boyfriend. We’ve been going out for a year and we had a rough patch in the middle when I came out as bisexual, and now he says he’s fine with it, but we’ve not been the same...

I'm neither. Haven't you heard, there is a new version of yes and no. It's called nyesh.
For but T is a gender change so has no place in LGB / now the additional IQABCDEFG..... :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Neutral as f*ck
if u aint a heterophobe you aint woke lmao
Reply 36
You just have to go straight into it. Maybe when you're having dinner or something so if it becomes awkward you can just play with your food. Just say something like "so you know I told you I was bisexual, how do you feel about that?" It's likely he will try to shrug it off but you just have to be firm and say "I can tell it's bugging you, please tell me what you're feeling so I can try and make it better".

That’s really great, thanks for you help, really appreciate it!!:smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by awkwardshortguy

I know what you mean, but this has it right too!!

Original post by Bio 7
The celebration is really more of a way to make different sexualities better known. There are so many that lots of people often don't realise that if they feel wrong they are really just normal as others feel the same way.
Original post by Bio 7
I'm a Demi-Biromantic Asexual so I can relate in part. As others have said it really shouldn't matter if you're Bi or not it's not as if being Bi makes you any different in a relationship from a straight person. I think it might just be lack of understanding that leads people to assume Bisexuals can't stay in one relationship.
I'm all for a society where a persons sexuality is as important to another person as how many times they blink in a day. It shouldn't matter to anyone but yourself who you get attracted to.

Excuse me for asking, what is a Demi-biromantic asexual? 'Tis a rather specific label.
I’ve stopped classifying LGBT as such. Love is love. Sex is sex. Gender is gender. It’s not like any of us can help what we feel. Personally people would describe me as gender fluid and pansexual but I don’t like using labels. You’re boyfriend should be grateful that you trust him enough to come out and appreciate that it must’ve been difficult. Honestly I don’t think he’s worth it if he can’t even get over LGBT. I’m sorry for being harsh, I’m also awful with feelings, but I hope things improve with you two

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending