The Student Room Group

Tutoring - Opinions

Hey everyone.

My Dad just came back from walking our dogs and told me he met one of my friends' Mum. She's asked if I'd help my friend's younger brother with his Chemistry before I head back to Uni.

I know this would bring in some money, but the thing is I'm not entirely sure I could explain myself. The way I do things makes sense in my head, but I'm hopeless when even trying to explain it to people who were in my class. Plus, it's been 2 years since I did the exams he's doing. I'm not sure I could still understand what we had to then!

Know I'm probably just being stupid, but would like some advice/opinions.
giv him a trial lesson ...[for free :p:] and a test at the end...so u can see where he's at...or if he knows where he's having difficulties, go oveer one of those topics...

go over that and teach....then give him a test...ask if he feels he learnt anything...then i guess if it was ok...u could go on to teaching him regularly and charge too :p:

good luck :smile: chemistry tutors get lotsa moonneyyy lol
Reply 2
Sounds like a good idea...but I'm only here for another 5 days. My Dad could give me very little information about it, so I was assuming he knew where he was stuck...I don't know!
ooh...it's a short term tutoring thing?
Reply 4
Well, unless they are willing to send him up to Dundee...
ooh lol...

i don't know otherwise...

i was thinking about tutoring in my gap year...which is why i came up with what i said earlier...

but good luck anywho :smile:
take the money and run... he he he

Latest