Turn on thread page Beta

Should I drop Economics and pick up Biology? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently finding Economics a bit boring though it's interesting how it can applied anywhere. I only picked Economics because I did good at A-levels and it has good job prospects. I like Biology more than Economics, and if I find it interesting, I'd probably do a Masters or PHD but it doesn't have good job prospects compared to Economics. I'm already 8 weeks and I don't know whether I should do this or not. I had this problem since the day I was asked to fill my UCAS. Opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sameerio)
    I'm currently finding Economics a bit boring though it's interesting how it can applied anywhere. I only picked Economics because I did good at A-levels and it has good job prospects. I like Biology more than Economics, and if I find it interesting, I'd probably do a Masters or PHD but it doesn't have good job prospects compared to Economics. I'm already 8 weeks and I don't know whether I should do this or not. I had this problem since the day I was asked to fill my UCAS. Opinions?
    Well you have to ask yourself one question.
    Which do you enjoy more and feel could be studying for 3 or 4 years without getting bored of it.

Did you enjoy Biology at A-Level? How did you find it?
    Same goes for Economics.

Forget the whole 'this degree gets me more money' thinking and start thinking would I like to study this for years and then additionally as a job? Think big.

You should talk to a careers advisor or someone at uni to help you out.
    Teachers are the best help when it comes to these scenarios.

Only you can decide which you like more.
    Personally I would do Economics. I myself wouldn't do Biology because I'm not into science but I enjoy economics because as you said it can be applied everywhere in a way I like it.

Which do you enjoy more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oneiropólos)
    Well you have to ask yourself one question.
    Which do you enjoy more and feel could be studying for 3 or 4 years without getting bored of it.

Did you enjoy Biology at A-Level? How did you find it?
    Same goes for Economics.

Forget the whole 'this degree gets me more money' thinking and start thinking would I like to study this for years and then additionally as a job? Think big.

You should talk to a careers advisor or someone at uni to help you out.
    Teachers are the best help when it comes to these scenarios.
    Thank you very much for the reply. I will talk to my careers adviser tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sameerio)
    Thank you very much for the reply. I will talk to my careers adviser tomorrow
    Anytime

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.