The Student Room Group

Should I drop Economics and pick up Biology?

I'm currently finding Economics a bit boring though it's interesting how it can applied anywhere. I only picked Economics because I did good at A-levels and it has good job prospects. I like Biology more than Economics, and if I find it interesting, I'd probably do a Masters or PHD but it doesn't have good job prospects compared to Economics. I'm already 8 weeks and I don't know whether I should do this or not. I had this problem since the day I was asked to fill my UCAS. Opinions?
Original post by Sameerio
I'm currently finding Economics a bit boring though it's interesting how it can applied anywhere. I only picked Economics because I did good at A-levels and it has good job prospects. I like Biology more than Economics, and if I find it interesting, I'd probably do a Masters or PHD but it doesn't have good job prospects compared to Economics. I'm already 8 weeks and I don't know whether I should do this or not. I had this problem since the day I was asked to fill my UCAS. Opinions?

Well you have to ask yourself one question.
Which do you enjoy more and feel could be studying for 3 or 4 years without getting bored of it.

Did you enjoy Biology at A-Level? How did you find it?
Same goes for Economics.

Forget the whole 'this degree gets me more money' thinking and start thinking would I like to study this for years and then additionally as a job? Think big.

You should talk to a careers advisor or someone at uni to help you out.
Teachers are the best help when it comes to these scenarios.

Only you can decide which you like more.
Personally I would do Economics. I myself wouldn't do Biology because I'm not into science but I enjoy economics because as you said it can be applied everywhere in a way I like it.

Which do you enjoy more?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Oneiropólos
Well you have to ask yourself one question.
Which do you enjoy more and feel could be studying for 3 or 4 years without getting bored of it.

Did you enjoy Biology at A-Level? How did you find it?
Same goes for Economics.

Forget the whole 'this degree gets me more money' thinking and start thinking would I like to study this for years and then additionally as a job? Think big.

You should talk to a careers advisor or someone at uni to help you out.
Teachers are the best help when it comes to these scenarios.

Thank you very much for the reply. I will talk to my careers adviser tomorrow
Original post by Sameerio
Thank you very much for the reply. I will talk to my careers adviser tomorrow

Anytime

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending