The Student Room Group

Am I likely to receive an unconditional offer?

--
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by AimeeT13
I'm wanting to study psychology at uni. I obtained 6 A*'s and 4 A's at GCSE, ABBC in my AS results and I'm predicted ABC in my A Levels. The A is in psychology, B in art & design, C in maths. I've been told by three senior teachers that my personal statement is outstanding (one of the best they've ever seen) and my reference is also excellent. My art teacher is also writing a separate reference to say that I'm working on an A/A* but due to the new grade boundaries I only achieved a B in AS but any other year I would've gotten an A. I'm definitely applying to Bangor, and was thinking Brunel and Coventry too but I'm not entirely sure.

Are there any universities that would be likely to make me an unconditional offer? I googled Bangors unconditional scheme and the general guideline is that you have to be predicted a minimum of ABB, but would they still be likely to consider me for the scheme?

If you re capable of meeting the entry requirements, why worry about unconditional offers? They are generally only given to convince people to go to their universities so there's no set criteria to get one when you don't already have your grades.

Quick Reply

Latest