The Student Room Group

Urgent Help (sort of)

I have finished my induction yesterday for Tesco night shifts temporary. I am available 4 days a week and the contract lasts until about Christmas Eve.

What are the chances of getting a permanent job there?

And I have also got a chance to get a permanent job at Superdry.

Which should I go for? Do the 4 weeks of temporary nights hoping that I get a permanent job? Or go for the Superdry job. (15 hours a week for the Superdry job.)

The hours seem small but for now, I am in a gap year and I am retaking an A-level or two so I also need time for this.
Chances of being kept on at Tesco depend on how good you are and if they need staff after Christmas. Very hard to say your chances unless you're the person who hires people at your particular store.

Personally I'd go for the Superdry one because it's permanent and the hours you're doing, considering you're doing 1 or 2 A-Levels seems manageable. And it's guaranteed money.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Chances of being kept on at Tesco depend on how good you are and if they need staff after Christmas. Very hard to say your chances unless you're the person who hires people at your particular store.

Personally I'd go for the Superdry one because it's permanent and the hours you're doing, considering you're doing 1 or 2 A-Levels seems manageable. And it's guaranteed money.

Thanks for the response, I have the Tesco one at the moment and probably won't get the Superdry, should be fine.
Hey if u don’t mind me asking did u get kept on? I am a temp right now and I’m wondering the chances

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending