The Student Room Group

Random person in our accom?

we live in a private accommodation. Today I went downstairs and the reception had given a random person who lives in this place our key to the flat.they are using it to use a shower in the empty rooms. However, we got given no notice or email after asking if this was okay or just to inform us that someone was coming to use the showers in our flat. When our flat had shower difficulties, they made it a hassle and made us use guest showers so I’m not sure why this did not apply to them and why they are allowed to come into our flat to use the showers. This more so alarmed us that they would not inform us if random people would come in in the future, which seems to us like a major privacy and security problem in the flat. Are we right for feeling this way ? And what are the rules for this for accommodations ? Thank you
Id like to say, if we had some sort of warning before hand there is no issue at all for this person to use our showers. It is just strange our key has been given to someone we don’t know
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Cardigangal1
we live in a private accommodation. Today I went downstairs and the reception had given a random person who lives in this place our key to the flat.they are using it to use a shower in the empty rooms. However, we got given no notice or email after asking if this was okay or just to inform us that someone was coming to use the showers in our flat. When our flat had shower difficulties, they made it a hassle and made us use guest showers so I’m not sure why this did not apply to them and why they are allowed to come into our flat to use the showers. This more so alarmed us that they would not inform us if random people would come in in the future, which seems to us like a major privacy and security problem in the flat. Are we right for feeling this way ? And what are the rules for this for accommodations ? Thank you
Id like to say, if we had some sort of warning before hand there is no issue at all for this person to use our showers. It is just strange our key has been given to someone we don’t know

Hi there,
You should be informed by your accommodation team if somebody outside of your flat is permitted access. It usually states in your tenancy agreement what time frame can be expected but if urgent access is required, the accommodation should at least have notified you that this would be happening. Rules can vary depending on accommodation but I would suggest speaking to your accommodation team about your concerns.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending