The Student Room Group

Is it true that AS is usually more difficult than A2?

Every uni student I have spoken to has said they found A2 a lot easier and the content gets more interesting at that point.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Every uni student I have spoken to has said they found A2 a lot easier and the content gets more interesting at that point.

don't kid yourself
Reply 2
no
/thread
Reply 3
Not more difficult but the difference between GSCE to AS is far greater than the difference between AS to A2
Well if that's true, I guess I can finally start construction of my giant Lego death star, during my A2 year.
I think AS can be considered more difficult because you're thrown into the deep end and suddenly need to work out how you work best, and need to develop a work ethic that you prob didn't have at GCSE. But personally I am finding A2 100000x more difficult - on top of everything you have the massive stress of UCAS, plus a lot more is expected of you, and the workload is double what you had before because you're revising all of last year's content.
No, but the jump from GCSE -> AS is bigger than AS -> A2, so people struggle with it at first. You tend to see the same from 1st year to 2nd year of uni.
Reply 7
Original post by kokaled
don't kid yourself

Original post by Spratty
no
/thread

Original post by Yaboi
Not more difficult but the difference between GSCE to AS is far greater than the difference between AS to A2

Original post by RedGiant
Well if that's true, I guess I can finally start construction of my giant Lego death star, during my A2 year.

Original post by teenstressaddict
I think AS can be considered more difficult because you're thrown into the deep end and suddenly need to work out how you work best, and need to develop a work ethic that you prob didn't have at GCSE. But personally I am finding A2 100000x more difficult - on top of everything you have the massive stress of UCAS, plus a lot more is expected of you, and the workload is double what you had before because you're revising all of last year's content.

Original post by TeaAndLifting
No, but the jump from GCSE -> AS is bigger than AS -> A2, so people struggle with it at first. You tend to see the same from 1st year to 2nd year of uni.

Oh damn. I meant A2*
to be honest, i feel as if A2 is more work seeing as linear a-levels mean two years of hardcore revision. but i feel as if this year, i actually knowing what tf is going on, and i know how to manage my time more conveniently. oh, and also everything at AS feels extremely easy now, which hopefully means better performance in next year's module exams which we would've done in AS year otherwise. i prefer A2 year to AS year, i just think i grasp content more easily now, and so it feels nicer.
For me I found the step up to A2 much harder than GCSE to AS. So much more work, much harder content and having to go over the AS stuff (although looking back it has become very easy)
If you are comparing AS with A2 then comparatively A2 is MUCH MUCH tougher than AS. But if you look at A2 alone then it's hard but not extremely hard, if you start preparation early and do sufficient past papers(6 years atleast). If u do last 6 years past papers (all variants) then an A* is almost confirm , provided that you did the past papers with utmost concentration and understanding. Gudluk...
Original post by RedGiant

Update: it’s now complete.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending