The Student Room Group

How do you revise?

I am not even really looking for advice, because I have my own methods, but I was curious about how other people revise and study.

There are plenty of articles out there listing revision methods, but I just feel like they just repeat the same stuff over and over again.

I would rather just hear from some people directly—see if anyone has a more individual or uncommon technique?
Reply 1
Original post by dandiprat
I am not even really looking for advice, because I have my own methods, but I was curious about how other people revise and study.

There are plenty of articles out there listing revision methods, but I just feel like they just repeat the same stuff over and over again.

I would rather just hear from some people directly—see if anyone has a more individual or uncommon technique?

Mainly using mindmaps and flash cards.
Reply 2
Generally, I'd read a book by/related to whomever the exam was set to be on (philosophy) and have a think. i never did any more than that.
Original post by gjd800
Generally, I'd read a book by/related to whomever the exam was set to be on (philosophy) and have a think. i never did any more than that.

That was my strategy for history.
Do a few practise questions for 15 minutes.

Browse internet for two hours mindlessly.

Repeat.
I read review articles on the relevant topics. I found it to be a far better strategy for consolidating information than tediously slogging through lecture notes and, as an added bonus, gave me the matetial needed to get those 70+ marks.
Reply 6
I just highlight the key points and keywords on my text books and practice exam questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending