The Student Room Group

Already scared?

I have to give a presentation on a game design I have made for my course in a few weeks and I'm absolutely terrified.
Just thinking about it I'm shaking and having to control my breathing.
I want to ask my tutor if there is any way to get out of it but I know it is mandatory as it is being assessed for our unit.
I shouldn't even be this scared - I'm only presenting it to the tutor and it's after the Xmas break.
I just don't want to have a panic attack in front of him when I go to do the presentation.
Some days I can't get the words out of my throats and can't speak and I'm scared that's going to happen as well.
I know it's only a presentation and 'what's the worst that can happen' but it takes a while to change your thought process from immediate panic when you hear you've got to present to being okay with it and I don't have that long.
I already see a counsellor but her advice, no matter what problem I come to her with, is always "it's the bullies in your mind telling you it's going to go wrong but it won't" and that's all she says and it never helps. I don't know what to do.
I'm really terrified of doing the presentation and I know that this is all irrational but I can't stop shaking in bed just typing this.
What can I do?
Thanks.
Reply 1
Have you told your tutor about this problem because what if it happens last minute ? Might not believe you
Original post by qam
Have you told your tutor about this problem because what if it happens last minute ? Might not believe you

He knows cause he was the one that referred me to the counsellor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending