The Student Room Group

Mechanical Engineering no SL Maths IB

Which universities would you recommend which do not require HL Maths for Engineering?
Thanks.
(edited 6 years ago)
To my knowledge virtually all courses require Maths to A-level or equivalent - normally this would be HL Maths in IB. However there are a number of engineering foundation years available that cover the maths (and other content, as relevant) that you have "missed", which of course won't have these requirements. Some examples are Southampton, Loughborough, and Manchester, although there are quite a few others in existence.
lol. why would you think you could do mechanical engineering without maths.
you could do a foundation year though, as stated above.
Original post by Bukalemun123
lol. why would you think you could do mechanical engineering without maths.
you could do a foundation year though, as stated above.

Actually that was not my question it was about SL and HL Maths.
There are some unis that do accept SL Maths in the UK and USA/ Canada open.
Reply 4
Original post by Cosmikcreepers

Except your thread title says "no SL Maths"...

Anyway, which universities are you considering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cosmikcreepers

The North American system typically does not have any, or minimal if present, requirements for entry into university, which typically is to study any course.

While increasingly many colleges are bringing in direct applications for Engineering and a few other "popular" courses, the requirements are usually less prescriptive than the UK and hinge on "you need to be able to start calculus and/or calculus based physics in Freshman year".

This is a predominantly UK focused forum, there is an NA university study and applications forum elsewhere which may be able to advise more precisely on these courses. However you should expect responses regarding UK courses unless you specifically state in your OP and thread title that you're looking at international courses.

Quick Reply

Latest