The Student Room Group

Straight A’s in mock Gcse’s

Hi ,I have just got all a’s In my mock GCSE’s, and I was hoping for A stars in te mocks and for the real thing. Any advice for how to turn these A’s into A*’s / if thats even possible?Thanks very much
Original post by dizzi_lfc123
Hi ,I have just got all a’s In my mock GCSE’s, and I was hoping for A stars in te mocks and for the real thing. Any advice for how to turn these A’s into A*’s / if thats even possible?Thanks very much

Brilliant start!

Look at your marked papers to identify where you lost marks. This will inform you of where to go, whether it be gaps in your knowledge, careless errors that you should take a mental note of, or not quite understanding the wording of the question. Speak to your teacher if you're unsure with the marking.

You might also find value in asking for the examiner reports for the mocks you sat, if applicable. These outline common pitfalls and sometimes contain model responses that you can compare with your own.
revise
Well done! I think you should just keep doing what you’re doing to just practice more.
Reply 4
Original post by DontChooseComSci
leave your house for once, heard theres a world out there

lmao, you're just salty cos he's smarter than you.
Getting As at GCSE is really lightwork if you just learn the content.
Make sure you understand why you got what you got wrong in your mocks
Original post by DontChooseComSci
leave your house for once, heard theres a world out there

Penchod
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by _gcx
Brilliant start!

Look at your marked papers to identify where you lost marks. This will inform you of where to go, whether it be gaps in your knowledge, careless errors that you should take a mental note of, or not quite understanding the wording of the question. Speak to your teacher if you're unsure with the marking.

You might also find value in asking for the examiner reports for the mocks you sat, if applicable. These outline common pitfalls and sometimes contain model responses that you can compare with your own.

Thank you very much, I will do all that. Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest