The Student Room Group

Need advice

(edited 6 years ago)
This sounds like a dead end.

You are not gonna convert and become a Muslim. Unless, he loosens up on this beliefs, then there's nothing you can really do about it...

As an atheist, the problem isn't on you...Because you'd happily marry him regardless of faith. Just remember. It's not your fault. Please don't feel pressured into giving up on your beliefs.

Also, it's a long distance relationship...which is pretty much a death nail even without the religious obstacles.
(edited 6 years ago)
Question...How old are you?

If you are anything below 25, whenever you feel in "love" with someone, it definitely isn't the end of the world if you loose that person, because they'll be many others.

And if you are below 20...Let me put it like this. It's impossible to be in love with someone, if you don't even know who you are first.

So basically, don't worry. It will suck for a while, but you'll get over it and you'll find someone else. That's life.
As a Muslim we are not allowed to marry someone who is outside our religion, but yet there are ways on how you can deal with such issue that you facing .

As a female, I would advice you to leave this relationship because it does look like a dead end and I don’t want you to go through a journey that would only be your down fall he may love you but would he sacrifice his family for the woman he loves?

And as for the religious issue a man can marry a non muslim who is either a Christian or a Jew. I would advice you to research and knowledge not only yourself but your boyfriend as well. As you may come across something that may benefit you. Read this and inshallah this may help you and give you guidance on making a effective decision.
Original post by Sruk

It's ok. It happens. I did this once, actually I did this this year. After a year of not talking, I had the same situation, where I became friends with someone I used to be totally in love with. I thought I could do it, but all it did was rip open a wound I thought had healed.

Better to cut off entirely. Don't look back. Always forward. Pro-tip: block them from Facebook, makes the whole thing a 100% times easier.

Just remember that our lives haven't even started and there will always be another guy. Maybe even a better one.
Original post by Sruk

Well then I guess you have your answer then , if he’s willing to leave his parents and be with you then I don’t see any problems that you may have.
Original post by Sruk
The problem is that he told me we won't live together and keep the relationship if we don't marry one day and currently we can't. And at the same time, knowing that I won't convert he still stays with me because he can't leave me. It gets me confused.

If I was in your shoes I would give the relationship a bit of a break, let him and you have a clear head. You’ll be able to spend time thinking and collect your thoughts together, you never know what can happen . Looking at your situation I can seriously tell how stressed you feel , and that is not healthy what so ever . So just give some thought and just see where is takes you.

But what I don’t get is if he is immensely in love with you, and doesn’t care about people who may be against it then why not marry you .

And finally I’m not trying to have a go at you or pressurising you in any shape of form but have you read any books or knowledgeable sources that may help you, it can be anything. Reading sources like them may give you a light and may guide you . If this point comes across offensive in any way, then I’m deeply sorry trust me I don’t want to offend anyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending