The Student Room Group

Careers in psychology

How are the job prospects for careers such as organisational psychology and health psychology.

I'd like to go into either of these fields and understand i may need to go further into a masters and phd. But is there good job availability and a reasonable salary.
Original post by Angie.T12345678
How are the job prospects for careers such as organisational psychology and health psychology.

I'd like to go into either of these fields and understand i may need to go further into a masters and phd. But is there good job availability and a reasonable salary.

Probably the same as pretty much any field. You need to work hard and meet the requirements.
Reply 2

I study psychology it is all very competitive you will have to at least get a 2.1 and work experience for a masters ad fund some yourself with money so make sure you are 100% passionate about it.
Do you mind me asking, what year are you in and what career paths are you hoping to enter into. And also do you think the NHS is mainly the only employer for this kind of career.
Original post by iodo345
I study psychology it is all very competitive you will have to at least get a 2.1 and work experience for a masters ad fund some yourself with money so make sure you are 100% passionate about it.

Forget to quote you in my above question ^ :smile:
Reply 5
Do you mind me asking, what year are you in and what career paths are you hoping to enter into. And also do you think the NHS is mainly the only employer for this kind of career.

I don't want to go into a masters degree or PHD s I won't know much about that I think you would be better off maybe contacting people involved with organisational psychology etc or watching youtube videos.

The job competition is very competitive even just for post graduate so if you do decide to go down this route making contacts is essential even consider doing a placement year during your degree. You have to be really passionate and motivated and even fork out your own pocket to fund post graduate etc even a pschology degree alone can lead to many career paths but you need a lot to stand out the competition.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending