The Student Room Group

New Years: Without a shadow(dweller) of a doubt

Shadow's New Year Blog!

A brief intro, I'm shadowdwelller, and I'm an ST member for a fair few sections on the site. I'm a recent CompSci graduate, and am about 4 months into a job in Software Development :woo:

I thought I'd jump on board the blogging as I have a bunch of stuff I want to do or improve this year, and I'm much better at that when I can look back at what I've achieved... and also when other people can help hold me accountable :tongue:

2018 Goals:
- Eat healthier
- Read 2 books a week
- Improve time management
- Learn more French
- Take more time to relax
- Take more photos

I'll put a bit of a more structured update to this soon probably, and update it fairly regularly. If you want to be tagged in said updates then let me know and I'll add you to the quote list.

P.S. Please excuse the terrible pun of a title, I couldn't resist :getmecoat:

Tags and Stuff

(edited 6 years ago)
Superb title.:yep:

Also, "a fair few sections on the site" :rofl:

Please Tag:colondollar:
Original post by 04MR17
Superb title.:yep:

Also, "a fair few sections on the site" :rofl:

Please Tag:colondollar:

Why thank you! :hat2:

I appreciated your title too :mmm:

Added you to the tag list - likewise for yours pls :tongue:
:hugs: good luck shadow
tag please :puppyeyes:
I'm on book 2 of 2 this week, so as long as I finish it by Sunday, I'm set on that goal :dumbells:
Reply 5
Original post by shadowdweller
I'm on book 2 of 2 this week, so as long as I finish it by Sunday, I'm set on that goal :dumbells:

Need any book recommendations?
Original post by Rigel
Need any book recommendations?

Book recommendations are always very much appreciated! :love:
Please add me to the tag list :smile: Brilliant title :biggrin:
Original post by Labrador99
Please add me to the tag list :smile: Brilliant title :biggrin:

Have added you, thanks! :ahee:
Reply 9
Original post by shadowdweller
Book recommendations are always very much appreciated! :love:

I'm usually more of a non-fiction reader, but I'll include some of both:

Fiction:
The Dexter Series by Jeff Lindsay (really good!)
Grief is a thing with feathers (it's a really strange but quite beautiful book.)
The Wasp Factory
Under a pole star (ngl I haven't read this, but someone told me it was really good, in fact I used to have a copy but I still didn't read it)
The Universe according to Alexander Wood

AND...
Game of Thrones Graphic Novels (if they count?)

Non-Fiction:
Aliens: Science asks is there anyone out there?
One kiss or Two?
And then you're dead (scientific analysis of weird ways to die, it's actually brilliant! If you don't get any others, get this!)
Elephants on acid
Cracked why psychiatry is doing more harm than good (In my opinion this was written by a psychotherapist who wanted to say therapy is better than drugs to sell his own agenda but I felt it was an interesting read nonetheless)
Merchants of Doubt (slightly harder read but interesting)

Also can I be added to the tag list? I'm not 100% sure what that means but I'd like to keep up with this blog if it involves books :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Rigel
I'm usually more of a non-fiction reader, but I'll include some of both:

Fiction:
The Dexter Series by Jeff Lindsay (really good!)
Grief is a thing with feathers (it's a really strange but quite beautiful book.)
The Wasp Factory
Under a pole star (ngl I haven't read this, but someone told me it was really good, in fact I used to have a copy but I still didn't read it)
The Universe according to Alexander Wood

AND...
Game of Thrones Graphic Novels (if they count?)

Non-Fiction:
Aliens: Science asks is there anyone out there?
One kiss or Two?
And then you're dead (scientific analysis of weird ways to die, it's actually brilliant! If you don't get any others, get this!)
Elephants on acid
Cracked why psychiatry is doing more harm than good (In my opinion this was written by a psychotherapist who wanted to say therapy is better than drugs to sell his own agenda but I felt it was an interesting read nonetheless)
Merchants of Doubt (slightly harder read but interesting)

Also can I be added to the tag list? I'm not 100% sure what that means but I'd like to keep up with this blog if it involves books :biggrin:

This is a fabulous list thank you! :adore:

I'll add you to the quote list too :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest