The Student Room Group

Dissertation stationary and organisation

So I'm about to start my second semester where I'll start organising and writing my dissertation. I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to organise my ideas, data, papers and anything else that crops up. Does anyone have any advice on how I should best organise myself? What kind of notepad will I need? Should I print out all my papers? Will I need a folder or too?
Any ideas would really help! Thank you!
Original post by jasmintaa
So I'm about to start my second semester where I'll start organising and writing my dissertation. I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to organise my ideas, data, papers and anything else that crops up. Does anyone have any advice on how I should best organise myself? What kind of notepad will I need? Should I print out all my papers? Will I need a folder or too?
Any ideas would really help! Thank you!

Whatever works for you. Plastic pockets and lever archers or foolscap folders. I also like treasury tags i,e where you punch a hole then thread through the bit of string.

You should also store your research documents and links on cloud protected storage, such as googledrive, one drive, drop box etc.

https://www.thebalance.com/free-cloud-storage-1356638

You must plan for losing your PC and have backups, just in case. It happens every year.

Only print out versions where needed.

You can mess with the footnotes or headnotes so it shows clearly what version it is and when it was printed.

Its also handy to have different versions just in case anyone suggests plagiarism as they are good evidence.

If you have a printer then make sure you have enough ink and paper.

If you need further ideas on the dissertation itself and how to go about it then there are plenty of books on Amazon on the subject. Some of them are subject specific.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending