The Student Room Group

3rd year of a levels? Will unis look down on me?

I am applying to university and I am in my 3rd year of a levels will this effect if universities will accept me, I'm not applying to top unis or anything, Im apply to liverpool uni, john moores, edge hill uni, manchester metropolitan and manchester maybe? please help meeee lmao
Original post by 5grhfe
I am applying to university and I am in my 3rd year of a levels will this effect if universities will accept me, I'm not applying to top unis or anything, Im apply to liverpool uni, john moores, edge hill uni, manchester metropolitan and manchester maybe? please help meeee lmao

There’s very few universities that have a problem with applicants taking 3 years for A levels. Your universities will be fine with it (but if you’re worried and want to make sure ring them up tomorrow morning and check with them directly).
Reply 2
Original post by 5grhfe

I don’t think they will mind. Your not the only person who is doing 3 years of a levels. Ring the universities to check if it affects your applications etc.
It shouldn't be any problem, I'm in my third year of A-levels too and I was still invited to an interview at Cambridge and have an offer from Edinburgh. Admittedly I had extenuating circumstances, but for most universities they won't need a specific reason/won't see it negatively that you repeated a year of A-levels :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm on my 3rd year of A-levels and I've applied to unis like Manchester and Imperial and I have an interview with Manchester (yet to hear from Imperial). I know someone who spent 3 years in sixth form and got into Cambridge, so unis won't be put off by that.
You have 5 whole choices so use one for a uni that you dream of going into (as long as it's not too far off the entry requirements).

Quick Reply

Latest