The Student Room Group

I really need help on medicine related epq

my EPQ is on the *evaluation of the effectivness of treatments used for parkinsons disease and any new possible treatments*
I dont know how to structure essay, what to research...presentation...etc.
Its due soon and I have done some research on treatments. The direct and indirect pathway and so on. But i dot know how to write an essay
Reply 1
Original post by chandan2000
my EPQ is on the *evaluation of the effectivness of treatments used for parkinsons disease and any new possible treatments*
I dont know how to structure essay, what to research...presentation...etc.
Its due soon and I have done some research on treatments. The direct and indirect pathway and so on. But i dot know how to write an essay

I’d start with talking about what Parkinson’s is and how it affects people (briefly, maybe put an image in). Then do a section on current management options and how they work/benefit people. Then do a section on what is in the pipeline and how that is expected to work/benefit people. You could then as a conclusion talk about whether, from your research, you expect there to be a significant improvement in the quality of life for people with Parkinson’s within the next x number of years.
Original post by ax12
I’d start with talking about what Parkinson’s is and how it affects people (briefly, maybe put an image in). Then do a section on current management options and how they work/benefit people. Then do a section on what is in the pipeline and how that is expected to work/benefit people. You could then as a conclusion talk about whether, from your research, you expect there to be a significant improvement in the quality of life for people with Parkinson’s within the next x number of years.

hi,
Thanks for your help. I will start doing these. Also, how many drugs and treatments do you think I should write and research about. As I want to get a high grade in it wouldn't it all be basically copied from the internet sources as I am just quoting strengths and weaknesses from research sources. This is also what I a wrried about.
Reply 3
Original post by chandan2000
hi,
Thanks for your help. I will start doing these. Also, how many drugs and treatments do you think I should write and research about. As I want to get a high grade in it wouldn't it all be basically copied from the internet sources as I am just quoting strengths and weaknesses from research sources. This is also what I a wrried about.

It depends on your time and what you think you can fit in. 2-3 would probably be fine if you’re doing them in detail. When I did my EPQ I did my research sources in a table at the end a did a brief bullet point of strength/weaknesses from each rather than taking up space in the essay itself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending