The Student Room Group

Do I have an annoying voice?

Hello guys, I was wondering if any of you think I have an annoying voice? I want to be an actor in the future and I am on the way there as I am doing my highers atm. But I think some people make fun of my voice behind my back. I may have a slight lisp but I believe it the voice in general people make fun of as it is even without me saying the letter 's'!
It has just got to the point where I am starting to get insecure whenever I speak and if it is the lisp I would like to fix it. Of course I need to, to become a successful actor. Please be honest, but don't try to hurt my feelings as I feel like I get that enough already.

I have a YT channel so just watch any of my recent videos and tell me if my voice is annoying.
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnW...ncGWAYBh8WiRHg
Your channel does not exist therefore I can't give you a proper opinion. Also, why does it matter? there are bound to be people thinking your voice is annoying, just don't listen to them, you can't exactly change it.
"This channel does not exist"

Regardless, your voice is like your audible signature. It's quite normal for an actor to learn to hone, adapt, and project their voice, but it's an individual thing and you should feel able to own your voice with confidence.

Sean Connery has a lisp and it didn't stop him becoming one of the most iconic actors of his generation.

Best of luck with your acting ambitions!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending