The Student Room Group

late application

basically what happened was, i thought the deadline was at 6pm on monday for me to pay the £24 to ucas , not for my teacher to write my reference and send it off to ucas, what do you think will happen now thats its a late application ? do i now have a very low chance off getting any offers even if i meet the grades , my friends are getting conditional offers made already, i just got my UCAS welcome email today, someone please give me some good news !!
Reply 1
well if you've got a welcome email then surely they will still accept you as Unis have until March to make offers
I'd ring UCAS and email/ring the universities you're applying to, a lot of them say that they'll still consider late applications if there's space left on the course and other things. Worth a try!
Some universities allow for late applications, just know that you will be considered last after everyone who completed theirs on time.
(Not like you have anything left to lose at this point)
Reply 5
It will be okay, even for late applications. My one was sent off only two hours before the deadline. It’s risky but the deadline is mainly from UCAS, if your school hasn’t sent them off yet then they can easily contact your uni’s of choice to ensure that they will take your application into consideration, hope it helped!
Worst comes to the worst, you take a gap year, work in a shop/café and save up for uni.

(And remember to apply on time this time round)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending