The Student Room Group

Choosing a between two universties

Im having difficulty deciding between the University of Surrey or the University of Kent for Law LLB, University of Surrey is performing very well, the university is quiet high in the rankings this year, higher than the university of Kent and is ranked in a decent position for Law. Graduate prospects from Surrey are also some of the best in the country, and placement year opportunities are offered with good firms.

However, the university of Kent is higher ranked in the sector of Law. Since law is such a competitive field, I am hoping to choose the university that will provide me with a greater possibility of securing a better future. Kent are also know for their own law clinic and in terms of research is ranked 7th in the UK within Law. However, graduate prospects are not as great/

Should i choose Surrey on the basis of them being the best overall or Kent that are better for Law.
Original post by bobsnow5578
Im having difficulty deciding between the University of Surrey or the University of Kent for Law LLB, University of Surrey is performing very well, the university is quiet high in the rankings this year, higher than the university of Kent and is ranked in a decent position for Law. Graduate prospects from Surrey are also some of the best in the country, and placement year opportunities are offered with good firms.

However, the university of Kent is higher ranked in the sector of Law. Since law is such a competitive field, I am hoping to choose the university that will provide me with a greater possibility of securing a better future. Kent are also know for their own law clinic and in terms of research is ranked 7th in the UK within Law. However, graduate prospects are not as great/

Should i choose Surrey on the basis of them being the best overall or Kent that are better for Law.

Rankings mean little. Does the law clinic outweigh the placement year? So far I would say Surrey is winning with it grad prospects as you're unlikely to go anywhere near research typically unless you plan to go down the research pathway and pick up some experience as an undergrad.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Rankings mean little. Does the law clinic outweigh the placement year? So far I would say Surrey is winning with it grad prospects as you're unlikely to go anywhere near research typically unless you plan to go down the research pathway and pick up some experience as an undergrad.

Thank You very much, it is much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending