The Student Room Group

Mathematics

Guys,I am struggling in A level maths due to lack of foundation.Can someone please help/advise me?
It is certainly true that if you miss a subject early on in mathematics then you won’t be able to fully grasp further content. Read through questions you don’t know how to do, and identify words that confuse you, then look them up. Ask your teacher for help too; they are there to help you. It will be a bit of extra work and you may need to do some extra homework exercises, but you do need to do it if you want to succeed.

I did this with my Differential Equations course at university. I had no idea what was going on or how DiffEqs worked, but I spent the first two weeks of my course catching up with the pre-requisites and was thus able to catch up with the rest of the course, and ultimately get a first in the module. It was hard work but it was worth it. There really isn’t an alternative option to hard work.

If you’re stuck for resources, look up khanacademy or brilliant.org for maths advice. Really though it’s better to have physical materials, as online materials can lead to distraction which is the last thing you want at the moment. So ask your teacher first and then go on from there.
(edited 6 years ago)
siyan

Quick Reply

Latest