The Student Room Group

Does he like me?

Hi guys,

I know this is a question people ask a lot but seriously I'm so confused and just need a little advice.

So basically there's a guy in my year and I sort of think he might like me. We got to chat a bit more after I had a bit of a *****y situation last year with my group and a few people being unpleasant and he was always there to confide in.

We don't chat that often face to face at college as we generally hang out in different groups, but we usually message each other on snapchat. Whenever he sends "streaks" out to people on an evening, he always sends "streaks//chat" to me to have a chat and seems to like talking to me, trying to last the conversation out.

We also have a running joke about my favourite movie and how he hasn't seen it, and he always says the reason he hasn't seen it is because he wants to see it with me at some point.

Whenever he needs advice, he always asks me first, and his friends tease him about me and him liking each other.

He compliments me a lot, and has said I'm smart and that I make him happy before in his messages.

It's really confusing because I don't know if he just wants us to be mates and is just trying to be nice or if he genuinely likes me more than that.

Any help would be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys,

I know this is a question people ask a lot but seriously I'm so confused and just need a little advice.

So basically there's a guy in my year and I sort of think he might like me. We got to chat a bit more after I had a bit of a *****y situation last year with my group and a few people being unpleasant and he was always there to confide in.

We don't chat that often face to face at college as we generally hang out in different groups, but we usually message each other on snapchat. Whenever he sends "streaks" out to people on an evening, he always sends "streaks//chat" to me to have a chat and seems to like talking to me, trying to last the conversation out.

We also have a running joke about my favourite movie and how he hasn't seen it, and he always says the reason he hasn't seen it is because he wants to see it with me at some point.

Whenever he needs advice, he always asks me first, and his friends tease him about me and him liking each other.

He compliments me a lot, and has said I'm smart and that I make him happy before in his messages.

It's really confusing because I don't know if he just wants us to be mates and is just trying to be nice or if he genuinely likes me more than that.

Any help would be much appreciated :smile:

Hmm why don't you ask him.

Do you like him?
ask him, im no fukin good example but its best that you do otherwise ull never know
He seems to like you, but I wouldn't presume too much on it if I were you.

Why don't you ask him if you want to watch that film together.... you never know.

If you like him... you never know..... the worst thing that can happen is he can say no.
Reply 4
I would say wait for him to make a move and ask you. It sounds like he is working up the courage.
Don't ask him if he likes you. Awkward!

But do continue to text/snap chat. It is a safe way to flirt especially if a guy gets nervous in person.

Maybe you can start asking him some open ended questions and things he likes or about stuff happening at college. Something that requires more of an answer than a flirty response. If you continue to text regularly and it is still seemingly good, he's engaging, seems interested in your interests and what's happening in your world etc. then you could teasingly ask him to watch that movie with you. But that might be a bit awkward at first as that movie is most likely not showing at the cinema now so you could bring up meeting him to watch a different movie. Believe me if he likes you he will jump at the chance!

From what you've described he does seem like he likes you - be we don't know him nor have we read the snap chats so can't say 100% but it does sound promising.

How to tell via text/chats if he likes you.... I think:
He messages you regularly - several days a week at least and they are fairly long in the back and forth dialog.
He responds right away or at least reliably quick.
He add xxx's or emojis.
He initiates the chat! Meaning he was thinking about you and contacted you.

He may be just trying to keep his streak with you going but at the very least he likes you a lot as a friend (that's a good thing) but it sounds like he is interested.

Give it some more time and see where your chat conversation leads!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending