The Student Room Group

London to Bath (and return) travel cost

Hi guys,
I am planning to study at the University of Bath from next year, however I am quite worried about travel costs (I won't get maintenance and accommodation loans as I have an European passport and lived here for roughly only 4 years). So I was wondering if anyone who's studying there knows around how much I will be spending a month for travelling.
(I checked online, however the prices look too high, something like 1000 pounds a month).

Thanks
I'd imagine you'd spend more on travel than getting accommodation within Bath.
Original post by Refat000
Hi guys,
I am planning to study at the University of Bath from next year, however I am quite worried about travel costs (I won't get maintenance and accommodation loans as I have an European passport and lived here for roughly only 4 years). So I was wondering if anyone who's studying there knows around how much I will be spending a month for travelling.
(I checked online, however the prices look too high, something like 1000 pounds a month).

Thanks

Why not live in Bath?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Refat000
Hi guys,

Thanks

Sorry, just trying to undertand your circumstances. Are you suggesting communting every day? As someone above said that will cost a small fortune and it may be cheaper to stay in Bath. Please check all this figures, but a nine month season ticket would cost you somewhere near £8600

If its Bath uni that you are talking about then shared costs start at £2,600 up to £7700 some of which some are catered.

PLus the railway line between Bath and London is not always the most reliable and with the bus journey up to the university you may well be doing 2 hour plus journey each way. IF you are talking about travelling back and fore infrequently, then National Express do tickets as cheaply as £5 each way, but can take a long time to make the journey as they stop a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending