The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Child Nursing Placement Information pleasee

Hi guys...

Im currently in the process of taking entry exams.. (took middlesex entry maths and english yesterday) more to follow this month...

Now everything is becoming very real.. I'm a mum to 4 boys under the age of 11.. my youngest being 4..

Having a career in health care has always been a dream and now my youngest will be starting full time school this is my chance.. at long last!!

Only thing is im starting to get worried about the commitments especially when on placement!! How flexible are they if my child is ill, how far away do they place you and do they take into account your peraonal circumstances??? also... how are the days in uni.. is it everyday, somedays, full days?

I dont know any one in uni doing nursing with children in childcare??

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, just hope im making the right choice!!

xxxx
Original post by michelle.x
Hi guys...

Im currently in the process of taking entry exams.. (took middlesex entry maths and english yesterday) more to follow this month...

Now everything is becoming very real.. I'm a mum to 4 boys under the age of 11.. my youngest being 4..

Having a career in health care has always been a dream and now my youngest will be starting full time school this is my chance.. at long last!!

Only thing is im starting to get worried about the commitments especially when on placement!! How flexible are they if my child is ill, how far away do they place you and do they take into account your peraonal circumstances??? also... how are the days in uni.. is it everyday, somedays, full days?

I dont know any one in uni doing nursing with children in childcare??

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, just hope im making the right choice!!

xxxx

Hello,

Nice to hear that you are interested in studying at Middlesex :smile:
I am currently studying and working here. It is a very good environment and there is a lot of support :smile:
It is amazing and very inspiring seeing that you would like to get into the healthcare sector.

I have met loads of people who are parents and are dealing really well with their studies. We also have a nursery on campus if that can help.
For placement, you can select where you would like to do it and the university does its best to accommodate everyone :smile:
For the classes, it is usually a full day but there are loads of parents so they try to accommodate everyone.

Hope it helps!
let me know if you have any other questions.
Ludovica
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Reply 2
Original post by Middlesex University
Hello,

Nice to hear that you are interested in studying at Middlesex :smile:
I am currently studying and working here. It is a very good environment and there is a lot of support :smile:
It is amazing and very inspiring seeing that you would like to get into the healthcare sector.

I have met loads of people who are parents and are dealing really well with their studies. We also have a nursery on campus if that can help.
For placement, you can select where you would like to do it and the university does its best to accommodate everyone :smile:
For the classes, it is usually a full day but there are loads of parents so they try to accommodate everyone.

Hope it helps!
let me know if you have any other questions.
Ludovica

Thankyou for your response...

That all sounds very reassuring.. Never knew they had a nursery either so i will look into that!!

Can't wait to start studying..

Thanks

Michelle
Original post by michelle.x
Thankyou for your response...

That all sounds very reassuring.. Never knew they had a nursery either so i will look into that!!

Can't wait to start studying..

Thanks

Michelle

I am glad I reassured you :smile:
I am sure everything will be great!

Good luck and let me know if you need any help!

Ludovica

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending