The Student Room Group

Civil Service Direct Appointment Scheme 2018 (Discussion Thread)

Scroll to see replies

I just sent off my EoI for HEO roles in DDaT. DDaT was the only scheme I took into the FSAC and I scored 10.17, went through to FSB and did badly in the interview there. I got my EoI on the 27th March with a deadline of the 13th April. Hoping that something comes of this, but it sounds like we're all in the same boat of waiting for replies now!
(edited 6 years ago)
I got the email last week and just got a reply that they received my form. I got a 10.16 at FSAC for Diplo so didn't get high enough to proceed to the FSB. Just to ask everyone else, did the email come from the cabinet office or was it different for everyone?
Original post by Afroprince
I got the email last week and just got a reply that they received my form. I got a 10.16 at FSAC for Diplo so didn't get high enough to proceed to the FSB. Just to ask everyone else, did the email come from the cabinet office or was it different for everyone?

Mine came from the Cabinet Office.

Cabinet office for everyone

aside from an automated response, did they email you something else?
Original post by missH96
aside from an automated response, did they email you something else?

Erm, my response wasn't automated as i asked a question and sent my form so they answered that and told me that they received my form in one email. Basically when i learnt out that i just failed FSAC I left the UK and ended up in Ghana where i'm currently working for the University of Ghana in Accra when this email came through which i wasn't expecting after 2 1/2 months after my FSAC result. So i had to explain about my notice period. Tbh had they told me about the DAS shortly after my FSAC result would of been much better.
Erm, my response wasn't automated as i asked a question and sent my form so they answered that and told me that they received my form in one email. Basically when i learnt out that i just failed FSAC I left the UK and ended up in Ghana where i'm currently working for the University of Ghana in Accra when this email came through which i wasn't expecting after 2 1/2 months after my FSAC result. So i had to explain about my notice period. Tbh had they told me about the DAS shortly after my FSAC result would of been much better.

Oh! That's interesting. All I've seen other people get so far are automated responses.
Original post by christieloftus
Oh! That's interesting. All I've seen other people get so far are automated responses.

I made a mistake in my form and sent them an email but no reply yet 😣
Got an email today for HEO role! I got rejected for generalist and communications with a score of 9.91.

Anyone have any idea what this means?

"We do have some posts available immediately. If you are interested in this possibility, but have existing commitments (such as exams or a notice period), please let us know."

Confused as to the point of saying you'd like to start immediately but are unable to??
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 129
Got my email for generalist HEO roles yesterday - I got through to the AC in October last year and failed for HR and generalist with a score of 9.85, so as other have said, it’s definitely not just those who passed the AC and the failed at FSBs who have got info about the DAS :smile:

Sent my form off immediately and said I could work from the end of June when my exams finish. Hopefully we don’t have too long to wait, I had nearly a three month wait for my assessment centre results which was agonising!
I just spoke to a friend of a friend, who is a civil servant, and she says, much like someone else mentioned earlier, that being contacted about DAS means you’re likely to be accepted (provided we pass security vetting). I’m taking that with a pinch of salt at the moment, but it seems positive!
How detailed has everyone been filling in the previous 3 years of employment? It seems like a very brief set of info that they're asking for! ThanksPS. received my email 4 April if that is useful info!
I'm still waiting for the response after submitting my DAS form on the 29th Feb. I emailed the DAS and this is what I got on 22nd March: 'We are still in the process of allocating candidates to departments, you should hear from us within a month.' This thread makes me more positive that they will finally reach out with an offer within 2 weeks or so. Perhaps they just started with the allocation of guys who scored above 10 for HEOs? My FS score for Generalist was 9.10 so EO would be most likely.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by michalrat
I'm still waiting for the response after submitting my DAS form on the 29th Feb. I emailed the DAS and this is what I got on 22nd March: 'We are still in the process of allocating candidates to departments, you should hear from us within a month.' This thread makes me more positive that they will finally reach out with an offer within 2 weeks or so. Perhaps they just started with the allocation of guys who scored above 10 for HEOs? My FS score for Generalist was 9.10 so EO would be most likely.

Didnt they tell you whether it was EO or HEO when they emailed you with the expression of interest form?
Original post by Lucilou101
Didnt they tell you whether it was EO or HEO when they emailed you with the expression of interest form?

Yes, they said 'jobs will be at the Executive level' - one band below FS. I wonder what is the salary difference if I was selected. Probably 2-3k?

This waiting literally is killing me.
Yes, they said 'jobs will be at the Executive level' - one band below FS. I wonder what is the salary difference if I was selected. Probably 2-3k?

My one for HEO says same level as Fast Stream, salary expected £30,088 to £33,990 - if that helps you at all!

I've been waiting since early March, I even emailed to tease out further details but no response. Its not a fun experience
Original post by Lucilou101
My one for HEO says same level as Fast Stream, salary expected £30,088 to £33,990 - if that helps you at all!

Yes, I found out that EO is between 24k and 28k so much lower. Though I think they adjust to the London wage.

It seems that they fill in the EO roles first, if some people with the EoI for the HEO heard quite late. Right?
Yes, I found out that EO is between 24k and 28k so much lower. Though I think they adjust to the London wage.

It seems that they fill in the EO roles first, if some people with the EoI for the HEO heard quite late. Right?

Potentially - i only received my EOI a few days ago so it would make sense!
They seem to have done it in stages for HEO - allocating ppl into 3 tiers and allocating places to the highest marks first. EO seem to have gone out all at once, or possibly in a similar tiered system.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending