The Student Room Group

house share

ok so in September i will be living in a shared house with my 3 friends who are all uni students. I am not a uni student, i have 2 jobs, but im aloud to have the fourth room with the same rent etc as them... i just have to pay council tax which is all good. I really want my boyfriend to live with me and my friends love him, he's willing to split the rent with me and hes not sloppy whatsoever, housemates are happy with it. I am a bit nervous to ask if hes aloud to stay with me permanently because i dont want the rent to be raised as even though I have 2 jobs i earn a little more than the other but not enough to survive by myself. I'm just wondering what i should do, should i just risk it and have him stay? or ask if i can have him stay and we equally pay the rent/tax
Original post by jessicajwebb
ok so in September i will be living in a shared house with my 3 friends who are all uni students. I am not a uni student, i have 2 jobs, but im aloud to have the fourth room with the same rent etc as them... i just have to pay council tax which is all good. I really want my boyfriend to live with me and my friends love him, he's willing to split the rent with me and hes not sloppy whatsoever, housemates are happy with it. I am a bit nervous to ask if hes aloud to stay with me permanently because i dont want the rent to be raised as even though I have 2 jobs i earn a little more than the other but not enough to survive by myself. I'm just wondering what i should do, should i just risk it and have him stay? or ask if i can have him stay and we equally pay the rent/tax

Ask definatly Ask. You dont want to be kicked out of the place just because you didnt ask if you was allowed to have someone else perminantly live there as it would make it harder for you to find a new place aswell.
Original post by Robert_Gray
Ask definatly Ask. You dont want to be kicked out of the place just because you didnt ask if you was allowed to have someone else perminantly live there as it would make it harder for you to find a new place aswell.

okay thankyou :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending