The Student Room Group

Met a girl lately, not sure how to proceed

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Gret news! Well done!

The troble with messaging her at this stage of your relationship is that you lose tone of voice and facial expression. So you might say something well intentioned that gets misunderstood and poisons your relationship.

Better to keep the messaging to a minumum. To simply arranging to the mechanics of meeting up, whilst adding the odd, highly specific and true compliment.

Thanks mate.

Yeah, we have agreed to meet up sometime soon. She keeps giving me tips on how to improve myself and wants to see me happy around other girls. I find this strange, as naturally one wouldn't so much time speaking to someone about improving them for the better. I think she really loves me deep down and wants me to change my mind for her.

I only rejected her initially because I thought I would be a bad boyfriend and I didn't want to disappoint her. She initially said that it doesn't matter what problems I have, she would accept me for who I am - but then later said her friend asked as a "joke" (which I don't buy by the way, I think it was planned as in she must have told the friend that she liked me).

I just want to take it easy with this girl. Like know more about her, and if I like her then date her. If not, she can be a good friend of mine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending