The Student Room Group

Online dating

Past couple of years I spent too much time online dating but it never went well. There is someone I see every day but I am so awkward around her, ive had a few convos with her but not enough and I really dont know how to show her im interested. I think she knows im a bit awkward because sometimes she says hello dependant on how busy it is and sometimes shell just smile. Next time I speak to her I feel like telling her that I dont mean to be awkward in front of her. How should I proceed?
Reply 1
Be honest and open. Strong communication is key to all things. Try and initiate conversations and be open about your awkwardness, get out ahead of it and address it.

I hope things go well, I wish you all the best
Reply 2
Original post by Phil5690
Be honest and open. Strong communication is key to all things. Try and initiate conversations and be open about your awkwardness, get out ahead of it and address it.

I hope things go well, I wish you all the best

But girls dont wabt to hear how a guy is awkward they want to see confidence?
Reply 3
It depends on the person honestly.

Confidence is key, yes. But I would say that being confident is accepting and owning your flaws and pushing through anyway. You would want a potential partner to be supportive and open with you, so you should do the same for them. Communication is key to all things.

If someone can't look past you being awkward, then they are probably not worth spending time on.

Original post by Anonymous
But girls dont wabt to hear how a guy is awkward they want to see confidence?
Reply 4
Original post by Phil5690
It depends on the person honestly.

Confidence is key, yes. But I would say that being confident is accepting and owning your flaws and pushing through anyway. You would want a potential partner to be supportive and open with you, so you should do the same for them. Communication is key to all things.

If someone can't look past you being awkward, then they are probably not worth spending time on.

Should I explain to her how my experiences online have not helped and I have not met any women face to face in a long time hence why im awkward around her?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Should I explain to her how my experiences online have not helped and I have not met any women face to face in a long time hence why im awkward around her?

Completely up to you. A simple

"Sorry for being a little awkward" may just suffice too, bringing up past experiences may be better to be saved for later down the line. Everyone is different though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending