The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Er...

AS : maths, chem, phys, bio - A
Gcse : 11 A* 3 A
UKcat : 693 before abstract reasoning was discounted. I think it's about 670-ish now.

You?

lol, im wondering atm if everyone got the whole "we'll be happy to consider you in august" or if its just the tsr people :P
what was your work exp Itsalec?
Reply 22
I got 7A's for AS, 7A*, 3A GCSE, and UKCAT bout 670 after abstract reasoning was subtracted. Did you guys apply for Oxbridge/ICL/UCL/Edinburgh? Maybe they 'talk' and find out about other offers/rejections.

Shaun
Reply 23
Lol, i applied to Edinburgh and Cambridge.
Reply 24
dezlee
Lol, i applied to Edinburgh and Cambridge.

Did you get in?

Shaun
Reply 25
I got rejected from Cambridge and im still waiting to hear from Edinburgh.
What about you?
Reply 26
I got an offer from Oxford, but I thought that they didn't 'talk' to each other.

Shaun
Reply 27
They don't know where else you applied to - it's blanked out of the UCAS form. Although someone who worked in an admissions office mentioned that they do find out other outcomes after all decisions are made.

The idea they might have secret admissions tutors meetings (i envisage in the dead of night, in a disused warehouse with highlighter pens & massive lists of names or truck loads of UCAS forms lined up, or a top trumps layout... :eek: ) is all a bit paranoid!
It would be time consuming for one & doing a lot of double guessing, how would they know which offer the student most wants & so which are "wasted"? & if they wanted to avoid that then no medical applicant would ever get more than one offer - which obviously isn't the case, surely they'd rather fight it out over the people they think "best" by all offering them a place?

Different medical schools have different admissions procedures & selection criteria = often chose different people to make offers to.
Reply 28
Elles
They don't know where else you applied to - it's blanked out of the UCAS form. Although someone who worked in an admissions office mentioned that they do find out other outcomes after all decisions are made.

The idea they might have secret admissions tutors meetings (i envisage in the dead of night, in a disused warehouse with highlighter pens & massive lists of names or truck loads of UCAS forms lined up, or a top trumps layout... :eek: ) is all a bit paranoid!
It would be time consuming for one & doing a lot of double guessing, how would they know which offer the student most wants & so which are "wasted"? & if they wanted to avoid that then no medical applicant would ever get more than one offer - which obviously isn't the case, surely they'd rather fight it out over the people they think "best" by all offering them a place?

Different medical schools have different admissions procedures & selection criteria = often chose different people to make offers to.

Ture. I think I'm just sore about getting rejected from them. I know that I've got an offer from Oxford, but I'm really worried I won't get the grades

Shaun
Reply 29
Understandable, I was too. But with age comes wisdom & acceptance or something... :p: (I'm in my 5th year now - Oxford, as it happens! Work for those grades. :wink: )
shaunthein
Ture. I think I'm just sore about getting rejected from them. I know that I've got an offer from Oxford, but I'm really worried I won't get the grades

Shaun

that's what i'm like about Cambridge too ... then again, I suppose that's the difference here between us on paper and us in person. xD

&& Elles, LOL. I can totally picture that! Or some conference at a swish hotel ... that's really secretly an admissions tutors meeting in disguise. xD xD

Latest

Trending

Trending