The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lemur14
:woo::yay: And now you never have to think about it again :party: Ironically my school was emailing everyone asking people not to take the EPQ as they don't have enough teachers compared to the number who signed up :rofl:
I finished the pure stuff then got to cold, came inside and haven't really done much since :colondollar: I'm about to start an 150 question mocks theory test though as I've got that tomorrow as well as a further stats mock!

Sooooo relieved :colondollar: and omg fancy that! Least it gives you an excuse now! :tongue: Was it sunny where you are today then? 150 marks! :shock: good luck!
Original post by Labrador99
:woo: Well done Protostar! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Good luck Lemur! You'll be fab :smile:

Thank you :biggrin: :biggrin:
8:00pm - Session begins

In this session I'm going to revise Nuclear Physics ahead of my test tomorrow :smile:
Original post by Labrador99

Good luck Lemur! You'll be fab :smile:

Thank you :heart::hugs:
Original post by DeepInTheMeadow
heyyy! Tiempo also can mean weather/climate :smile:
Thanks for the tag in @Lemur14

No worries, thanks for helping! Was trying to remember who did Spanish :colondollar:
Original post by Protostar
Sooooo relieved :colondollar: and omg fancy that! Least it gives you an excuse now! :tongue: Was it sunny where you are today then? 150 marks! :shock: good luck!

Well done! They've worked it so that we can actually basically take our computing coursework and write it up in a slightly different style and it counts so I'm minding it slightly less now :smile: And my tutor says we can give it up at any point after the initial lessons so if I've had enough I can just bin it and not tell my mum
It was relatively sunny yes :smile: It got cold though :grumble:
Thank you! I've no clue how I do better in an 150 mark one than a 50 mark one :facepalm: Got 142/150...yet I can quite easily get like 40/50 and struggle to get much higher... Hoping for 43 tomorrow and then it will be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
8am - session begins!

hello hello hello to everyone up this early :gah:

i'm having a fairly relaxed session - colouring in some character mindmaps and a tension graph for english lit until around half past 8, and then doing a mindmap about Gerald in An Inspector Calls (and hopefully colouring it!)
Giving myself plenty of time this morning so i can wake up and have a productive mid-morning/afternoon!!

Is anyone else awake? What stuff do you have planned? :biggrin:
Original post by laurawatt
8am - session begins!

hello hello hello to everyone up this early :gah:

i'm having a fairly relaxed session - colouring in some character mindmaps and a tension graph for english lit until around half past 8, and then doing a mindmap about Gerald in An Inspector Calls (and hopefully colouring it!)
Giving myself plenty of time this morning so i can wake up and have a productive mid-morning/afternoon!!

Is anyone else awake? What stuff do you have planned? :biggrin:

Hey Laura! I'm also awake :frown: :coffee: What you're doing sounds really fun! I'm going to be doing some biology and Spanish this morning. Good luck to everyone else here as well!
Can someone try to predict the psychology aqa paper as
I'm going to do the next session. I'm writing that here so I can't back out!
Original post by yemenia16

:dontknow: isn’t it better to revise everything anyway? It’ll help with A2 :smile:
Original post by larkspurs
I'm going to do the next session. I'm writing that here so I can't back out!

:woo: good strategy!
Original post by HowToBeABlobfish
Hey Laura! I'm also awake :frown: :coffee: What you're doing sounds really fun! I'm going to be doing some biology and Spanish this morning. Good luck to everyone else here as well!

Hiya!
Haha just finished colouring in :love: (it took a bit longer because I got sidetracked by TSR when I after the session started :mmm:
Oooh a real mix! Good luck to you too :heart:

Spoiler

Here’s an example of the stuff I’ve been colouring in :love:

Spoiler

Well at least it looks cool!!

Spoiler

that is so neat!! wow you make such nice notes!
i’m going to revise chemistry using Seneca until 9:40. then i’m going to go training and after i come back (at 12:00) i’m going to read the revision guide for Romeo and Juliet!
Hopefully if i post it in here it’ll help me stick to it :smile:

Spoiler

Wow that's incredibly neat I love it!:heart:
I'm starting at 9 and I'm going to continue with forensics revision.
Original post by areyouhuman
that is so neat!! wow you make such nice notes!
i’m going to revise chemistry using Seneca until 9:40. then i’m going to go training and after i come back (at 12:00) i’m going to read the revision guide for Romeo and Juliet!
Hopefully if i post it in here it’ll help me stick to it :smile:

Good luck!
Joining the session a little late as I only just finished breakfast, and procrastinated for a little while... :dry:I'll review everything I know on climate change for the next 10 minutes, then move on to Distinctive Landscapes:rose:
Original post by yemenia16

I've done last years AS paper 1 as a mock so I can tell you what was asked about so is likely to not come up this year (but still could).

Social influence:
- Agentic state (only a tick box though)
- Types of conformity (again only a tick box)
- Explanations of conformity
- Resisting social influence
- Milgram (12 marks)

Memory:
- Coding in the MSM (but only required two words)
- How to make memory studies less artificial
- Anxiety affecting eye-witness testimony (though my teacher said people answered this badly so thinks something similar will come up again this year)
- Ethical issues
- Explanations of forgetting (interference 12 marks)

Attachment:
- Characteristics of attachment types
- Reading a pie chart
- Basic maths stuff
- Qualitative and quantitative data
- Bowlby's theory of maternal deprivation
- Learning theory of attachment (8 marks)
No 12 mark question in this section.

Obviously, don't assume these topics won't come up again as they could for a different amount of marks. Also, research methods stuff could come up anywhere so make sure you're good with that topic.
9:30 - session ends, break begins!!
Hi everyone :biggrin:
What did you get done this session?

I coloured in my mindmaps and tension graph and started (and finished (and coloured in :wink:)) another character mindmap for an Inspector Calls :teeth:

Now I’m going to get ready for the day and have some breakfast! :cookie:
Plan for today:
- Re-write on the first four topics of attachment
- Finish notes on sea level change
- Do a practise question for child written language
- Write up paragraphs on child spoken language
- Type up notes for gentrification

Going to start with the attachment notes hopefully can get 2 topics done.
10am - Session starts!
I want to do my physics homework about ionising radiation and do my geography assessment
If I finish that, then I hope to go over my flashcards for B5 :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending