The Student Room Group

Public services are being wrecked. Tory vote is more and worse.

The state of the NHS, observed after a recent visit, since I last used it has truly shocked me, as has the abundance of homelessness. This in a rich place too.

This country will crumble under these mad Tory policies, and regions and swathes will go to waste while a few cream off the profits, it is utterly perverse and unsustainable.

Their post Brexit trade notion looks pretty pathetic too, despite the rhetoric, we will seemingly be hopping into bed with America(them on top of course) to buy diabolical agricultural produce when we have the best standards in agricultural/dairy production here.

Oh, and there's selling arms to Saudis to murder Yemenis, and allowing the to have mosques and schools here, plus dictate foreign policy, all based on soon-to-run-out oil. (Though this and myriad examples like it won't stop the rabid little rightists and Blairite Corbyn haters from spitting endless hypocritical bile about his supposed 'associations':wink:

Labour's policy is dead on- protect jobs with a customs union and end free movement/single market membership.

They will not waste money we don't have on deluded foreign policy, and they will boost investment in areas in dire need.

They are the only ones who care about public services beyond lip service.

They will provide affordable education to all people, raising our economic prospects.

Only they understand you need to invest to grow, literally and figuratively.

Only if people are duped into thinking the Tories are about patriotism and low immigration/social conservatism(you need the memory of a goldfish to belief this, to have been oblivious to the last 20 years, and to belief Dacre and Murdoch represent patriotism or normal workers interests-sadly people are thick though) will they have a single card to play.

It seems all their fans are middle aged, vaguely bitter and joyless Thatcherites, reactionaries and young fogeys.

That's pretty much all.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Agreed. The only thing I know about the Tories is that they don't know what they are trying to do and as soon as there is a chance, they will all start fighting amongst themselves.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
The state of the NHS, observed after a recent visit, since I last used it has truly shocked me, as has the abundance of homelessness. This in a rich place too.

This country will crumble under these mad Tory policies, and regions and swathes will go to waste while a few cream off the profits, it is utterly perverse and unsustainable.

Their post Brexit trade notion looks pretty pathetic too, despite the rhetoric, we will seemingly be hopping into bed with America(them on top of course) to buy diabolical agricultural produce when we have the best standards in agricultural/dairy production here.

Oh, and there's selling arms to Saudis to murder Yemenis, and allowing the to have mosques and schools here, plus dictate foreign policy, all based on soon-to-run-out oil. (Though this and myriad examples like it won't stop the rabid little rightists and Blairite Corbyn haters from spitting endless hypocritical bile about his supposed 'associations':wink:

Labour's policy is dead on- protect jobs with a customs union and end free movement/single market membership.

They will not waste money we don't have on deluded foreign policy, and they will boost investment in areas in dire need.

They will provide affordable education to all people, raising our economic prospects.

Only if people are duped into thinking the Tories are about patriotism and low immigration/social conservatism(you need the memory of a goldfish to belief this, to have been oblivious to the last 20 years, and to belief Dacre and Murdoch represent patriotism or normal workers interests-sadly people are thick though) will they have a single card to play.

It seems all their fans are middle aged, vaguely bitter and joyless Thatcherites, reactionaries and young fogeys.

That's pretty much all.

Well seeing as the tories are now the party of the working class that ain't going to happen.

That's pretty much all.

Judging the state of the entire NHS based upon your one visit probably isn't a very good sample size is it now...

Are you talking about homelessness or rough sleepers because the two are very different?

I think having a trade deal will probably mean more than importing their agricultural produce, although clearly you've seen the details so I'll bow to your superior wisdom...

There's an ongoing investigation as to whether british arms are being used in the yemeni crisis, if it finds they are then I'll be the first to say we should impose sanctions and stop dealing with them, otherwise why can't we trade wth the rest of the world, build influence and have a say in foreign affairs? Innocent until proven guilty isn't it? Same goes for a country.

You really have shown your own ignorance here, "stay in the customs union and end free movement". Unfortunately the two are a package, you can't have one without the other as has been clearly stated by many members of the EU over the past year.

The government won't provide anything, anything given by the government is taken from the people so you thinking that making tuition free, makes it cost nothing is absolutely wrong, it costs the people and in the end, since it'll have to be borrowed money, will cost them, just 30 years in the future.

I'd also love to hear what makes you say "they are the only ones who care about public services" quite a bold statement to make
Original post by TheBomber09
Judging the state of the entire NHS based upon your one visit probably isn't a very good sample size is it now...

Are you talking about homelessness or rough sleepers because the two are very different?

I think having a trade deal will probably mean more than importing their agricultural produce, although clearly you've seen the details so I'll bow to your superior wisdom...

There's an ongoing investigation as to whether british arms are being used in the yemeni crisis, if it finds they are then I'll be the first to say we should impose sanctions and stop dealing with them, otherwise why can't we trade wth the rest of the world, build influence and have a say in foreign affairs? Innocent until proven guilty isn't it? Same goes for a country.

You really have shown your own ignorance here, "stay in the customs union and end free movement". Unfortunately the two are a package, you can't have one without the other as has been clearly stated by many members of the EU over the past year.

The government won't provide anything, anything given by the government is taken from the people so you thinking that making tuition free, makes it cost nothing is absolutely wrong, it costs the people and in the end, since it'll have to be borrowed money, will cost them, just 30 years in the future.

I'd also love to hear what makes you say "they are the only ones who care about public services" quite a bold statement to make

No, that's the single market, not the customs unions and Labour are proposing a renegotiated customs union.

But anyhow, 'sovereignty', nebulous concept, and worthless under Tory governments who simply cannot use it to any productive ends other than ripping us off and being the US's lap dog.
Reply 5
They will not waste money we don't have on deluded foreign policy

But they will spend money we don't have on pretty much everything else, as has always been the case of Labour governments.
Original post by Drewski
But they will spend money we don't have on pretty much everything else, as has always been the case of Labour governments.

Reactionary tripe.
the Labour party is the party of enviousness, profligacy and waste.

:hat2:
Reply 8
Reactionary tripe.

Prove me wrong, then.

It's easy to ***** about it, and for you to be a whiny little ****, but no party out there actually offers a reasonable alternative.
We don't like the messy, disorganised right, but the alternative currently is a squabbling, incoherent hard left.

That's a choice between cancer and cholera. A pox on both their houses.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Disgusting. They are also down on voting polls. Can’t wait to see this weak coalition government ruined. 5 years left :mad:
Original post by the bear
the Labour party is the party of enviousness, profligacy and waste.

:hat2:

No-one envies the self-important, pathological, child abusing, inbred upper classes living in a pompous fantasy world of their own making, as the US lapdog.

The Tory rump in England is at this juncture the most political regressive and deluded force in the whole of Europe, possibly even the entire west.

Your demographic hold us all back.
(edited 6 years ago)
Oh, and it's just an anecdote, well there are huge numbers of them, and there has been a vast rise in homelessness since 2010, 60% now.
No-one envies the self-important, pathological, child abusing, inbred upper classes living in a pompous fantasy world of their own making, as the US lapdog.

The Tory rump in England is at this juncture the most political regressive and deluded force in the whole of Europe, possibly even the entire west.

Your demographic hold us all back.

And your blindness to the inadequacies of the left make your demographic a laughing stock and are the reason nobody listens to you.
Original post by Drewski
Prove me wrong, then.

It's easy to ***** about it, and for you to be a whiny little ****, but no party out there actually offers a reasonable alternative.
We don't like the messy, disorganised right, but the alternative currently is a squabbling, incoherent hard left.

That's a choice between cancer and cholera. A pox on both their houses.

You scum will be whining for your lives soon, trust me.

We don't have to justify ourselves to you- the right offers glibness and pompous finality in their arguments, so I won't go on some diversion explaining anything to reactionaries and simpletons stuck in the wisdom of a past era.

We are not playing that game any more.

We are taking power.
You scum will be whining for your lives soon, trust me.

Ah yes, the voice of the caring left :rolleyes:
Original post by Drewski
And your blindness to the inadequacies of the left make your demographic a laughing stock and are the reason nobody listens to you.

Uhh, enjoy my election prediction?

You were slightly wrong weren't you, and you'll be even more wrong the next time.

Tell the crowds of people singing Corbyn's name no-ones listening.

You sound like election pundits. You can keep stating the opposite of the evidence, but it is not whats going on.

The only people who want to see May speak are her MSM chums.

The left in this country is the centre in Europe, the economic right in Europe is more moderate.

It's not about being 'hard left' in any country, it's about England's politically debate being woeful, and it having deluded ignorant voters.
Original post by Drewski
Ah yes, the voice of the caring left :rolleyes:

Typical Tory sleazebag, dish out then cry foul.

Prepare to become political dust.
Uhh, enjoy my election prediction?

You were slightly wrong weren't you, and you'll be even more wrong the next time.

Tell the crowds of people singing Corbyn's name no-ones listening.

You sound like election pundits. You can keep stating the opposite of the evidence, but it is not whats going on.

The only people who want to see May speak are her MSM chums.

The left in this country is the centre in Europe, the economic right in Europe is more moderate.

It's not about being 'hard left' in any country, it's about England's politically debate being woeful, and it having deluded ignorant voters.

I won't deny a change is needed, the country works best when power flip flops, but right now Labour aren't ready to Govern.

You're blind to this.

You're so convinced of your own righteousness you're even arguing with someone who, politically, is on the left ffs.

So wind your neck in and grow the **** up.
Typical Tory sleazebag, dish out then cry foul.

Prepare to become political dust.

What makes you think I'm a- a Tory, or b- on the right?

If it's just because I disagree with you, then you need to learn a lot about politics...
It's the hyperbolic bs that's gotten the country into this mess.

The answer is not to ramp it up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending