The Student Room Group

Microbiology at University of Glasgow vs Birmingham

Hello, I have applied to both the University of Birmingham and Glasgow for Microbiology courses (Masters). I know both the respective universities are pretty good but I have a confusion, which one has better microbiology department?
Original post by RD_009
Hello, I have applied to both the University of Birmingham and Glasgow for Microbiology courses (Masters). I know both the respective universities are pretty good but I have a confusion, which one has better microbiology department?

Better in terms of what? Microbiology is a fairly big field so what is important to you in a degree?
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Better in terms of what? Microbiology is a fairly big field so what is important to you in a degree?

In terms of the course, I mean out of these universities which provides better molecular microbiology prospects?
Original post by RD_009
In terms of the course, I mean out of these universities which provides better molecular microbiology prospects?

Whichever one gives you the best practical skills suited to the area of microbiology that most interests you. Although I think that comes down to you matching with a suitable supervisor more than the university.
Original post by RD_009

As above :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Sulfolobus
Whichever one gives you the best practical skills suited to the area of microbiology that most interests you. Although I think that comes down to you matching with a suitable supervisor more than the university.

Sure thanks. I'll keep that in mind..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending