The Student Room Group

How did Hitler establish a dictatorship in Germany in the years 1933-39?

This is the 10 mark question in a GCSE paper.
The source says:
"As a result of the Enabling Act, Hitler was able to ban all other political parties and trade unions and set up a police state. The Gestapo and SS were effective in removing opposition. Propaganda and censorship were used to reinforce support for the Nazis."
In my introduction, I've said that Hitler's steps towards the establishment of a dictatorship included the banning of political parties and trade unions, the setting up of a police state, and propaganda and censorship. I want to write a section for those 3 things, but I'm already stuck. Someone please help!
For this it's important you do the Nature, The origin (who wrote it) and the purpose
Quote the source.
What events lead up to him being in charge, why did he ban the parliament, what did he gain? What was the reaction of President Hindenburg (he did nothing and died a year later in his sleep.) Say whether the source is reliable.
He was in charge of a minority party. Rebellious. He was put in power by Hindenburg. Here's a practice: “Every fifth child of the German cities is without a bed of its own; it has to live amid poverty and sickness, immorality, dirt and
coarseness. Thus millions of people exist in conditions of bitter horror, in half lit dungeons, where six to eight of even fourteen or more human beings are crowded together amid rats and filth.” Source 15 Eugen Diesel, a German, describing condition in 1931. There is also this one: All subjects - German language, History, Geography, Chemistry and Mathematics - must concentrate on military subjects, the
glorification of military service and of German heroes and leaders and the strength of a rebuilt Germany . Chemistry will develop a knowledge of chemical warfare, explosives, etc, while Mathematics will help the young to understand artillery, calculations, ballistics. Source 35 A German newspaper describing the new Nazi curriculum
Hitler made himself loved. He arrived late on purpose, when he arrived he would shake hands with all one source stated "A girl in my village got to shake hand with Hitler, she was praised for then on" Or something like that I can't exactly remember.
But it shows what he did to get the praise. He created a propaganda video of him on holiday with his protection units and him helping out some poor children giving them bread. REMEMBER THE: Leibstandarte SS
General Election - only 44 per cent of the population vote for the Nazis, who win 288 seats in the Reichstag.
Concordat - Hitler makes an agreement with the Pope who sees him as someone who can destroy communism. This agreement allows Hitler to take over political power in Germany as long as he leaves the Catholic Church alone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending