The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Accommodation for Insurance students

Hi, can anyone tell me I’m tuning of putting Reading down as my insurance offer but understand that accommodation isn’t guaranteed for insurance candidates. Can anyone tell me what the chances of getting accommodation on-site is if I get an insurance place. I realise that this depends on many factors so just looking for an indication so that I can assess the risk!
Original post by Aroundincircles
Hi, can anyone tell me I’m tuning of putting Reading down as my insurance offer but understand that accommodation isn’t guaranteed for insurance candidates. Can anyone tell me what the chances of getting accommodation on-site is if I get an insurance place. I realise that this depends on many factors so just looking for an indication so that I can assess the risk!

Hi,
This is a really understandable concern, and one which I actually shared as a student who placed Reading as their insurance.
Unfortunately, I am unable to give you the "chances" of getting on site accommodation, as this does change each year. I know in my year (2015/16) I was offered a place in Halls, and the University where very supportive to those students who they were unable to accommodate.

In terms of your options, you do have a number of things which you can keep in mind:
- Primarily, given you take your insurance place with us here at Reading, you may be given accommodation on site from the first instance.
- Secondly, if you aren't given it from the first instance, you may be provided temporary accommodation, until halls become available
- Thirdly, you are unlikely to be alone, with the University Union running a Find a Housemate Day in August/September (details should be online), meaning you could look for a student house with individuals you meet online.

Overall, with insurance students there is plenty of support available when finding accommodation, whether on-site or off.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any further questions.

Tom :smile:
Third Year Psychology and Student Ambassador.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending