The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

choosing business economics and finance or economics

hi,
I am struggling to decided whether to do straight economics or business economics and finance. i dont know which one offers better job prospects as well as the benifit of doing business economics over normal economics?
Reply 1
Original post by 12BathK1
hi,
I am struggling to decided whether to do straight economics or business economics and finance. i dont know which one offers better job prospects as well as the benifit of doing business economics over normal economics?

I studied Economics and Finance and am now on a Finance Grad Scheme with a FTSE 100 company. The job prospects for both are the same. Neither is better than the other. I would go for the one which interests you the most. Normally the first year of theses courses is exactly the same and the Uni will allow to swap from one to another. (I swapped from straight Econ to Econ and Finance)

I made my decision based on enjoying the finance modules in my first year slightly more than the economics ones. Also I felt the finance modules were more relatable to real world scenarios, where as pure Econ is 100% theory.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
If you don't mind me asking but what careers at associated with economics and finance?
Reply 3
Original post by 12BathK1
If you don't mind me asking but what careers at associated with economics and finance?

The career prospects vary massively. you could go into accounting, audit, strategy, corporate finance, investment banking, analyst, policy making, financial advisor, or get on a Finance Grad Scheme, or even do something completely unrelated like recruitment consultant. It's impossible to list them all, but Google it/ ask around at uni. you have a massive range of things to choose from

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending