The Student Room Group

Can I claim Jobseeker’s Allowance while being at sixth form?

I’ve finished all my modules now at sixth form in y13 and I am revising for my final exams in May/June. I am 18 and live away from my parents with a partner who works full time. Until recently I have had a part time job to be able to pay my bills, rent, food etc however as I am moving to a new area, I need money coming in while I find a job. Would this be available to me, even if I’m still technically at sixth form, doing around 12 hours a week?
Original post by peachie_
I’ve finished all my modules now at sixth form in y13 and I am revising for my final exams in May/June. I am 18 and live away from my parents with a partner who works full time. Until recently I have had a part time job to be able to pay my bills, rent, food etc however as I am moving to a new area, I need money coming in while I find a job. Would this be available to me, even if I’m still technically at sixth form, doing around 12 hours a week?

https://www.gov.uk/jobseekers-allowance/eligibility

Possibly. I think 12h a week would fall below full time education ut it depends what the school as you down as. I would say they might view the revision as making you unavailable for work.
I think they'd say you'e not really available to work as you'll be back for exams etc.
You may still be classed as a full time student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending