The Student Room Group

Online Paid Surveys

I do market research stuff online and have earned quite a bit out of it. But recently a few of them have stopped paying as much. Ciao inparticular who sometimes dont pay at all anymore and if your lucky then 10p for a 20 minute survey.. rubbish.
I was wondering if anyone knew of any good ones apart from toluna.com, thats-what-i-think.com, ciao.co.uk or opinium.com.
You should join if you want a bit of extra cash/vouchers ;]
Thankyouuu.
xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey could you tell me which out the above is best cos id like to do some... i dnt care about vouchers personally just cash :biggrin:
Reply 2
globaltestmarket.com - can't reccommend it enough get surveys every week if not every day!.. I've tried most of the others and its only this one and valued opinions i've kept doing.. let me know if you want a referal :wink:
Reply 3
these things are actually real?!
Reply 4
uk_chip
hey could you tell me which out the above is best cos id like to do some... i dnt care about vouchers personally just cash :biggrin:

Yeah go for it! I'll PM you my email address =]
xx
Reply 5
uk_chip

Ciao and Opinium are the only ones out of those that do cash.
But as I said, Ciao probably isnt worth it anymore.
xx
Reply 6
Valued Opinions i'd recommend. I've made at least £50 in vouchers with them, and they've now got a wide range of vouchers, for places like Boots, Topshop etc.. so it's just as good as cash i guess :p:

Most surveys offer £1-£2 for a 20-30 minute survey.
Reply 7
In my opinion ciao has been tight for about 9 months. They recently revamped their survey interface and now offer more surveys than ever. I tend to avoid the long surveys and take the shorter ones but sometimes i say whats another 10 mins.

Something that always really annoys me is how people brand paid online surveys as scams. Ive been a member of many paid surveys companies for many years and have earnt my fair share of money and paypal aswell as online gift certificates for lots of online stores.

It seems that people really arnt paying attention to what they sign upto.

Many survey companies take a certain time period before you are paid. Sometimes its days or even weeks. So as soon as a few hours is up they say oh i havent been paid for doing that survey.

If people continue to pick survey companies that have dodgey names like survey monkey or 30 dollar days then its their own fault. Try using the ones with legitimate names, do your homework on the paid survey company before you join.

Ive had nothing but smooth sailing with the companies im with and have been with for many years. This one has a list of about 7 paid surveys sites http://www.techagesite.com/Surveys%20page1.htm
Reply 8
Ooh thanks for the link! I thought I'd joined nearly all of them out there [Im desperate for cash].. but theres a few there I hadnt heard of!
Yeah I agree Ciao used to be one of the best ones with like each survey being £1-£2. But now its 10p a survey, if that.
Yeah I would say I earn about £40 a month, just from doing a few surveys at home. Not bad!
xx
Reply 9
Ipsos is great. Their website is something like "iap interactive" but I can't remember it. And I like one that gives "hi points", but I can't remember that either. Think they might be Harris Poll.
Reply 10
Juno
Ipsos is great. Their website is something like "iap interactive" but I can't remember it. And I like one that gives "hi points", but I can't remember that either. Think they might be Harris Poll.

Does Ipsos give you money, vouchers or free stuff?
Reply 11
Otter123
Does Ipsos give you money, vouchers or free stuff?

Vouchers, but they have a really wide choice. I tend to go for Arcadia voucehrs, and use them to buy shoes.

:juno:
I used to love Ciao, but it's really gone down hill. Three years ago i was getting around £10 a month from them alone.
I mainly use just globaltestmarket now, it takes a while to accumulate points and get the cheque sent, but it's still good :smile: I've had four $50 cheques, and halfway to the fifth at the moment.
Someone mentioned Valued opinions, which I gave up on a while back as the surveys were a little too long for my liking, but i should really go back to it. An extra few minutes is now the difference between a £2 survey and 10p ones that Ciao keep sending me! Damn the stupid people that took them over :frown:
i recommend not saying your a student when you fill out the profile. women with kids fare much better in terms of being sent surveys etc :p:
Reply 14
andy_cole2
i recommend not saying your a student when you fill out the profile. women with kids fare much better in terms of being sent surveys etc :p:

Mmm You're right - the sheer amount of surveys I've done about nappys and similar baby products is ridiculous! I even got sent some baby food to try once!
Once I got sent a dust allergy kit to try, nobody in my family has a dust allergy so I didnt bother.. and after two weeks got sent a £20 cheque for my efforts!
xx
Reply 16
oooh this sounds good. im signing up to valuesopinions - why do they need my address? to send samples? im afraid that im gonna get a lot of junk mail :frown:

anyhows thanks for the recommendations!
Flower404
oooh this sounds good. im signing up to valuesopinions - why do they need my address? to send samples? im afraid that im gonna get a lot of junk mail :frown:

Noo! Well I get a bit of junk mail now and then but I dont know who its from, could be them.. but I doubt it! Nothing to be worried about!
I just answered about 4 questions with them about being on the pill and got 50p.. woo!
xx
Flower404

best is to get it sent to a university address, then when you move out in the second year the people living there then will have to suffer with it.
Reply 19
I found snap dollars (snapdollars.com) and pure profile really good and they pay well for the surveys!!

Latest

Trending

Trending