The Student Room Group

Warwick WMG Vs Loughborough university,London

So guys i’ve was got an offer from both the universities above for Msc in innovation and entrepreneurship and also (management in Loughborough) . I’m confused what to do and which place to choose , as Warwick has a great name and reputation with great degree value and my parents want me to go there too ,but I’ve heard that the WMG dept. only has classes one week per month with a bad schedule and also its a dead city and they have research papers instead of exams
On the other hand it’s Loughborough london which has been winning the best place for students award for many years and its in London with the best campus life and they are also giving me scholarship and some of y friends also live in london but its reputation if compared to warwick is lower . Please help me !
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
I’ve got an offer *....
Original post by Sidharth24
So guys i’ve was got an offer from both the universities above for Msc in innovation and entrepreneurship and also (management in Loughborough) . I’m confused what to do and which place to choose , as Warwick has a great name and reputation with great degree value and my parents want me to go there too ,but I’ve heard that the WMG dept. only has classes one week per month with a bad schedule and also its a dead city and they have research papers instead of exams
On the other hand it’s Loughborough london which has been winning the best place for students award for many years and its in London with the best campus life and they are also giving me scholarship and some of y friends also live in london but its reputation if compared to warwick is lower . Please help me !

I don't know about these courses but I would like to point out that Loughborough is not in London - it's a town in the Midlands, near Nottingham and Leicester.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Loughborough/@52.7041097,-1.4578295,10z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4879d926a0f7320d:0x8bd926f2baff035d!8m2!3d52.772099!4d-1.206166
Reply 3
So ,just to correct you that Loughborough university has been in london from the past few years as they were given the olympic park facilities and they made a huge campus there which I’ve heard is very nice
So ,just to correct you that Loughborough university has been in london from the past few years as they were given the olympic park facilities and they made a huge campus there which I’ve heard is very nice

OK, I didn't know that.
Reply 5

Probably best to ask WMG if you have specific concerns about their course.
Reply 6

Also, I don't think the Loughborough London Campus is "huge". Afaik they share a building with lots of other organisations.

[video="youtube;y25_DKuZGgs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y25_DKuZGgs[/video]
Reply 7
Original post by Doonesbury
Also, I don't think the Loughborough London Campus is "huge". Afaik they share a building with lots of other organisations.

My counsellor told me that in comparison to warwick its huge and as it was made in the recent years , so the infrastructure is better too . Rest I’m still in two minds 🙈
Reply 8
My counsellor told me that in comparison to warwick its huge and as it was made in the recent years , so the infrastructure is better too . Rest I’m still in two minds 🙈

I presume you can't visit them?

Maybe ask WMG and LoughboroughLondon how many full-time students they have on site...

I think WMG is much bigger. That's not to say it's better.

I don't know enough about either to comment really.

Hi Sidharth24

Loughborough London is great - but please don't get confused between our London and Loughborough (East Midlands) campuses. The East Midlands campus is huge - in Loughborough London @Doonesbury is correct - it's a shared building. Yes we occupy a lot of it and it is an amazing place to study, but it's not the single site campus that you see when you think about Loughborough.
There's more info about Lboro London here: http://www.lborolondon.ac.uk/about/

Good luck with your decision :smile:
Vicky

Hi again Sidharth24

I was chatting to a couple of people from our London team and they've asked me to send you this info about the course which you might find useful:

"Our Entrepreneurship and Innovation students have the opportunity to take part in the Collaborative Project. The module is the first of its kind in in the UK, where students work in cross-departmental teams to solve a real life business issue. Organisations we have collaborated with include BT Sport, West Ham Foundation and HeyBigMan! (an independent creative agency).

The BT Sport studios are situated next door to our campus, and we offer regular opportunities for site visits and events. We are also committed to providing support to students who wish to launch their start-up company in our new innovation space!

If you would like to visit our campus, you can book a guided tour on our website. We’re also holding a Coffee Morning on Saturday 16th June where you can chat to current students and ask staff any questions you may have: http://www.lborolondon.ac.uk/news-events/events/coffee-morning-16th-sept-2018/"

Hope that helps
Vicky
Reply 11
Hi vicky

Thank you so much for all the efforts you put in to help me out . Thanks for clarifying some important topics for me .

Regards
Sidharth
Hi vicky

Thank you so much for all the efforts you put in to help me out . Thanks for clarifying some important topics for me .

Regards
Sidharth

You're welcome :smile:
Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending