The Student Room Group

Online prom dress shopping

My prom is in just under 2 months and I prefer to buy it online but I’m not sure where’s the best place to shop and what websites are reliable. I’m not looking for your typical prom dress I prefer my flashy fishtail dresses any ideas?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kaaaylaaa
My prom is in just under 2 months and I prefer to buy it online but I’m not sure where’s the best place to shop and what websites are reliable. I’m not looking for your typical prom dress I prefer my flashy fishtail dresses any ideas?

Chi chi London?
Reply 2
Original post by es017
Chi chi London?

I’ve actually already looked here and didn’t find anything I particularly liked but thank you anyways
I’ve actually already looked here and didn’t find anything I particularly liked but thank you anyways

Misguided? Pretty little thing? They seem to have lots of body on mermaid/ fishtail dresses
ax paris, debanhams, missguided, boohoo, quiz, pretty little thing, topshop, monsoon
Reply 5
Original post by es017
Misguided? Pretty little thing? They seem to have lots of body on mermaid/ fishtail dresses

I acc havent checked these websites because I know sometimes their dresses can be a bit see through(ik from experience😂) so I’ll take a look at the more expensive products maybe thanks
Reply 6
Original post by YouAreAYute
ax paris, debanhams, missguided, boohoo, quiz, pretty little thing, topshop, monsoon

Yh I seen a few good ones on quiz but they don’t have my size (I’m basically a stick) :frown:( thanks tho
If they have nothing in your size I suggest going to shops or retailers in person as they're more than likely to find you a size. You can also get your dress adjusted to your size anyway, if you get the dress online or in person.
Yh I seen a few good ones on quiz but they don’t have my size (I’m basically a stick) :frown:( thanks tho

:frown:( try next
You could buy one from Etsy and have it custom made to your size
Reply 10
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
If they have nothing in your size I suggest going to shops or retailers in person as they're more than likely to find you a size. You can also get your dress adjusted to your size anyway, if you get the dress online or in person.

Yh that’s probably a better idea hopefully I’m going to go have a look in some shops tomorrow
Reply 11
:frown:( try next

Already looked😂😭
Reply 12
Original post by es017
You could buy one from Etsy and have it custom made to your size

Oooww I haven’t tried Etsy thanks
You could just be British and boycott this US tradition.
Already looked😂😭

ahhh you didnt like any?
try lipsy
whats your budget, can you show us the sort of dress youre looking for?
Reply 15
ahhh you didnt like any?
try lipsy
whats your budget, can you show us the sort of dress youre looking for?

My budgets £70 (says my dad but I can probably get another 20 from my mum😂)
These are the types of dresses I’m looking for:
http://uk.millybridal.org/product/silk-like-satin-strapless-trumpet-mermaid-sweep-train-prom-dresses-ukm020105502-22462.html
https://www.fashionnova.com/products/off-the-tulle-gown-wine
https://www.vampal.co.uk/product/6046/red-spaghetti-strap-mermaid-prom-gown
But all of these are either from unreliable websites, are sold out or don’t have my size (size 6 or 4) x
Reply 16
Original post by barnetlad
You could just be British and boycott this US tradition.

What not go to prom all together?😂 Did you not go to yours?
dont forget you can always return your dress if you dont like it x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending