The Student Room Group

Messing around in my mind for a while can someone offer advice

Right, first of all, I am a quiet guy in my year. I am one of the most unsociable in out school year and it's making this situation much more difficult. Pretty much there is this girl now I have "liked" for a while now we get on well in lessons and I feel we would make a great couple though but there are issues.
These issues are:
- I am too scared to ask her out
- I am too scared to ask her to prom
- I don't wanna get embarrassed in the school and get teased for it due to rejection
- Her friends and most people in my year are d*cks

I don't know what to do can someone advise me, please?
lol go ask, worst case scenario is that she says no. if she does say no then I guess you guys won't make a great couple lol. rejection is fine, how long are people gonna make fun of you, a day.... maybe 2 or maybe a whole month and that's it they have other things to do in life . it's not that deep bro they'll forget it ever happend. plus you getting out of your comfort zone will help you realise that asking a girl out isn't hard.
Reply 2
Original post by assassinbunny123
lol go ask, worst case scenario is that she says no. if she does say no then I guess you guys won't make a great couple lol. rejection is fine, how long are people gonna make fun of you, a day.... maybe 2 or maybe a whole month and that's it they have other things to do in life . it's not that deep bro they'll forget it ever happend. plus you getting out of your comfort zone will help you realise that asking a girl out isn't hard.

well with the people in my year forever
Just ask her out, I am guessing you are in your last year of school so it is unlikely that you will have to see all of these people again.
Reply 4
Why would you get made fun of for asking a girl out?
And more importantly why should you care? It's your life, dont let the reaction of others dictate what you want to do
Reply 5
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. You'll regret it more that you never asked her out, you don't know if she will say yes unless you ask.

The people who would make fun out of you are the idiots here, not you.
Reply 6
Original post by GUMI
Why would you get made fun of for asking a girl out?
And more importantly why should you care? It's your life, dont let the reaction of others dictate what you want to do

Buts its hard I just die at the thought of how awkward it'd be if she rejected then told her mates than the year would know and I have to sit right next to her like nothing happened
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Buts its hard I just die at the thought of how awkward it'd be if she rejected then told her mates than the year would know and I have to sit right next to her like nothing happened

How likely do think it is that she'll say yes?
Reply 8
Original post by UWS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. You'll regret it more that you never asked her out, you don't know if she will say yes unless you ask.

The people who would make fun out of you are the idiots here, not you.

I understand but I can't get to grips with it
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous

Well life is about taking risks (not that I would really call this a risk), do you just get along or are you actually friends with her? If it's the latter, you should already have a better feeling whether she reciprocates your feelings but if it's the former you really have nothing to lose, it's not like she will hate you forever and never talk to you again and you can just carry on being civil to eachother in class
Original post by Sataris
How likely do think it is that she'll say yes?

I don't know
Original post by GUMI
Well life is about taking risks (not that I would really call this a risk), do you just get along or are you actually friends with her? If it's the latter, you should already have a better feeling whether she reciprocates your feelings but if it's the former you really have nothing to lose, it's not like she will hate you forever and never talk to you again and you can just carry on being civil to eachother in class

we actually get along

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending