The Student Room Group

Opening a Cafe/Restaurant

Hi, I'm a university student and am quite Interested in food and trying different types. Just as a thought I was hoping to maybe open a small cafe or just a restaurant which would offer food I enjoy, for example steaks, fried chicken, milkshakes, Ice Cream, Cakes, Kebabs, Sandwiches, Pasta etc... Nothing too complex, just simple food. (Kind of like one of those types of restaurants you see in Man V Food). It would be nice to have a restaurant which is talked about by at-least the local community which draws customers in often.

Does anyone have any sort of experience in this type of venture? (Not in terms of how much money I will need, where I will buy stock and location of my business etc.) I'm more interested in coming up with recipes which most people will like, I know I will have to do a lot of testing for this but I was hoping to get some general advice I guess...

Thanks!
dude, when you get an answer, help me too! i wanna open a restaurant also ... :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by Imzy010
dude, when you get an answer, help me too! i wanna open a restaurant also ... :frown:

Oh nice! What do you do now and what makes you want to open a restaurant?
Original post by Anonymous
Oh nice! What do you do now and what makes you want to open a restaurant?

at the moment im kind of stuck doing A levels unfortunately :frown: :\ .... buttt ive always had a passion and love for tasting new foods and trying new things and ive always had ideas for making completely new original recipes and dishes - although im not that good at cooking yet so i still need alot of practice lmao but also in my local area there isnt a diverse ranges of restaurants so i thought why not make one that is different for all to enjoy :smile:

what about you? what makes you want to open a restaurant and what type/cuisine?
Reply 4
Original post by Imzy010
at the moment im kind of stuck doing A levels unfortunately :frown: :\ .... buttt ive always had a passion and love for tasting new foods and trying new things and ive always had ideas for making completely new original recipes and dishes - although im not that good at cooking yet so i still need alot of practice lmao but also in my local area there isnt a diverse ranges of restaurants so i thought why not make one that is different for all to enjoy :smile:

what about you? what makes you want to open a restaurant and what type/cuisine?

That's exactly why I want to open a restaurant too! I'm currently at university. I'm hoping to start making some moves soon.

Is there any specific type of food you would like to serve (anything unique or just standard).
That's exactly why I want to open a restaurant too! I'm currently at university. I'm hoping to start making some moves soon.

Is there any specific type of food you would like to serve (anything unique or just standard).

oh coool :biggrin: ..
Do you have experience with cooking or just food in general? like cooking courses or even working as a cook in some restaurants or even cooking as a part of your education?
i kind of want to start with standard food and once ive slightly altered them and made them as best as i can i want to progress into making new unique recipes that are completely different and look and taste completely different to anything ever made. :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Imzy010
oh coool :biggrin: ..
Do you have experience with cooking or just food in general? like cooking courses or even working as a cook in some restaurants or even cooking as a part of your education?
i kind of want to start with standard food and once ive slightly altered them and made them as best as i can i want to progress into making new unique recipes that are completely different and look and taste completely different to anything ever made. :biggrin:

That's the weird thing... I have no experience at all (I don't even cook often lol). However I want to start trying making different foods and thinking of a menu. Even if its just a hobby for now, I don't mind trying stuff out and hopefully someday I'll be able to open a cafe or something. I just want to open a place which has amazing food with large varieties which will draw people in.
That's the weird thing... I have no experience at all (I don't even cook often lol). However I want to start trying making different foods and thinking of a menu. Even if its just a hobby for now, I don't mind trying stuff out and hopefully someday I'll be able to open a cafe or something. I just want to open a place which has amazing food with large varieties which will draw people in.

AHAAHAHA looool ngl saammeeee .. i barely cook and when i do my food tastes like trash lool but im convinced that when i have more free time ill be able to develop my cooking skills hopefully XD
Reply 8
Original post by Imzy010
AHAAHAHA looool ngl saammeeee .. i barely cook and when i do my food tastes like trash lool but im convinced that when i have more free time ill be able to develop my cooking skills hopefully XD

haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending