The Student Room Group

4 weeks to exam, my teacher just told me my handwriting is illegible

Hi,
So my a level exams are in 4 weeks and my teacher just told me today that my handwriting is too messy. Although she can read it, the examiner might struggle and mark me down in consequence.

I do 3 essay writing subjects, so this is a big problem...

I don't think I will be able to change how I write in 4 weeks?!?!

Now I'm even more stressed out and I don't know what to do T.T
Speak to the examiner officer asap. Tell him the problem and ask if you can do exam on laptop.
For me my hand writing was too squished (Looked like straight lines). To solve this i practiced writing o's. I did lines and lines of O's which expanded my handwriting and built it into my muscle memory. I improved massively in just a week but i guess it is very individual
Yes you can, you just have to practice - theres loads of videos on youtube about changing handwriting and improving it. Or you could even just write the essay and go back over any words that really are illegible, cross them out and rewrite them again above. I think if it really becomes too much of an issue you must consider a scribe or being allowed to type the essay up but generally this is something the teacher should be organising as you risk running out of time by slowing your writing down if thats whats making it unreadable. Good luck for your exams!

Quick Reply

Latest