The Student Room Group

Biology Paper 1 - PRACTICE exam paper (with mark scheme) INVALUABLE resource

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skihendj
I got 65/70 but isnt transpiration the loss of water from leaves as well?

As mentioned, this is a subjective mark scheme so if there is any other suitable points, award them i.e from a revision guide etc...
Original post by alphabetagam
Thank you so much! Well done, that's an excellent mark. Did you do set 1, 2 or 3? Good luck and I hope you'll be able to do the upcoming papers as well :smile:

I did biology Paper 1, is that set 1?
Original post by AT-2001
I did biology Paper 1, is that set 1?

I made 3 papers. You may have done the first paper, so set 1.
here is a practice paper for combined science higher biology paper 1. This is an invaluable resource prior to the exam on 15/5/18.

The lack of papers is evident so here is one to get your teeth into.

There is a mark scheme and grade boundaries included as well for your help.

The paper is out of 70 and i would appreciate any feedback. If it is positive, i will create more free papers.

Good feedback will be the grade you achieved and how easy/hard it was for you.

Enjoy and happy revising.

thank you god
Original post by elsaruus
thank you god

Ha ha !! Hope it is helpful.
Ha ha !! Hope it is helpful.

have u made a triple paper?, if not i will check out the combined science tests
Reply 86
I am confused about Question 3.3 of Set 3 paper. Other than that, very good papers and highly beneficial !!
Original post by Any Beanz
have u made a triple paper?, if not i will check out the combined science tests

No triple paper, unfortunately.
Original post by anaby01
I am confused about Question 3.3 of Set 3 paper. Other than that, very good papers and highly beneficial !!

Ah, that is a tricky one. The equation to use is rate = 1000/time so in this case 1000/85 = 11.76 or 11.7. Typical exam style question - hope that helps!
Reply 89
Ah, that is a tricky one. The equation to use is rate = 1000/time so in this case 1000/85 = 11.76 or 11.7. Typical exam style question - hope that helps!

What does it mean by "work out how much it changes"?
Original post by anaby01
What does it mean by "work out how much it changes"?

Another way of connoting the rate of reaction.
The biggest clue how to do that question was the units, as rate of reaction is given per unit time.
Reply 91
Another way of connoting the rate of reaction.
The biggest clue how to do that question was the units, as rate of reaction is given per unit time.

ooooohhhhhh :biggrin:
Original post by anaby01
ooooohhhhhh :biggrin:

Hope that helps!

Any questions, please ask.

Stay tuned for Chem & Physics papers!
hi. im currently doing triple science aqa and this helped me a lot even though it wasnt fully exam style questions, it helped me consolidate my understanding. i managed to get 60/70 which according to you is a grade 9, so hopefull in the real thing on tuesday i can get a grade 8 which would be very pleasing
Original post by Reviseeeeeee
hi. im currently doing triple science aqa and this helped me a lot even though it wasnt fully exam style questions, it helped me consolidate my understanding. i managed to get 60/70 which according to you is a grade 9, so hopefull in the real thing on tuesday i can get a grade 8 which would be very pleasing

Thank you very much! It is obviously not going to be AQA/Edexcel standard as it would take a lot of time to write out methods & make graphs etc...

Well done & good luck!
Reply 95
Just doing some last min revision - the paper was really enjoyable. Thanks for sharing :smile:
Original post by Keslo
Just doing some last min revision - the paper was really enjoyable. Thanks for sharing :smile:

Glad to hear that! Best of luck today!
BEST OF LUCK to everyone doing the exam...you are now prepared to ace your GCSE!
Just did the actual biology Paper 1 exam today at 1:30 pm at school. To be honest it wasn’t that hard although I found out that I made so many mistakes. The 3 mark question about 15hrs or smth is where I made a really huge mistake I read 28 degrees as 28% and kept on wondering why I couldn’t get the right answer that would be 3 significant figures, oh and the 5 mark question about the cell stages or smth near the end was so confusing.
I hope everyone did well in the Bio paper today.

Moving on to Chemistry - who would like to be tagged when I set up a thread for Chemistry papers?

Expect set 1 C1H for Combined this evening.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending