The Student Room Group

Edexcel 9-1 History Revision Help

Hello,

In GCSE History, I am studying American West, Crime and Punishment, Whitechapel and Early Elizabethan England. Does anyone have any revision guides or help for these topics?

Thanks
Original post by adam731
Hello,

In GCSE History, I am studying American West, Crime and Punishment, Whitechapel and Early Elizabethan England. Does anyone have any revision guides or help for these topics?

Thanks

Hi, I'm also doing elizabeth and american west. The purple edexcel revision guides are really good as well as the green CGP one. I think, just do lots of exam questions and know the key dates.Plan the 12 and 16 markers I've not really revised history though. I'm going to revise for it during the half term as it is one of my later exams.
I do Cold War, USA, Medicine and Elizabeth but here is some general advice. I would recommend the Edexcel topic revision guides (they are on Amazon for every option), however if you don't want to buy all of them get the one you are the least comfortable with. I don't know about your topics, but mine have a lot of resources on YouTube (except Elizabeth - there is practically nothing on it), so they may help. The specimen papers are important AND DO THEM UNDER TIMED CONDITIONS!!! That is so important if you can't do anything do questions to get into the swing of things. Try googling your topic and you might find resources from other schools you can use Hope that helped :smile:
What's the 4th topic you're doing? Crime and Punishment are technically interlinked as the same topic and you've only listed 3.

I do Crime and Punishment, Elizabethan England, Cold War, and Weimar & Nazi Germany. As said above the Edexcel revision guides are really great. I've also found that there are quite a few videos on YouTube that summarise various different topics - there's a lot of overlap between the content of new spec and that of the old spec, so most (if not all) will be relevant to the topics you're doing now. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending