The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

NDGAARONDI
How seriously you take the League Cup? Fancy being in the final to Utd and Benitez rotated beyond belief? Given we put out strong sides in the competition I'd expect progress. We're not Arsenal who blood their youngsters using the competition, which I'd personally like to see but to a lesser extent, and when you pay too much for your ticket, you expect decent results preferbly with style.

Trotting along nicely in the CL is an overstatement. If we had won every game in the group stages without conceding and scored against Olympiacos then I'd consider that as excellent. If we had Inter I'd think we'd be out. We can't realistically sack him before the end of the season because it will be detrimental to the team. I just think he won't deliver when most needed, and previous matches are suggesting it.

See the artcile I quoted and I'd like your view from a supporter from another team seemingly in crisis. Just like to make a comparison that's all. :smile:

I see your point, but is Avram that bad?

Okay, you probably deserve better - and have definetly had better - but he isnt awful. The critiscm aimed at him that he only got results when the team picked itself is unfair - much like the stick Macclaren got (But he was ****).

Whilst i think you need a new manager, i don't think you have to be in any hurry. At least wait to see what he produces at the end of the season - regardless of trophys and more about what he has shaped his side into.
Reply 61
Just wait til Dec 08, if he really does get his rumoured '100mil transfer budget' and he's not winning every game, he deserves to be shot and so do the players.
Reply 62
There's probably like 100m worth we need to ship out, too.

If we had the right manager, 200m and some quality left overs could turn our team into a great team that has promise for the future (i.e. is younger)

Grant is not that manager :p:
Not asking for much then :rolleyes:
Reply 64
DontBuyTheSun
I see your point, but is Avram that bad?

Okay, you probably deserve better - and have definetly had better - but he isnt awful. The critiscm aimed at him that he only got results when the team picked itself is unfair - much like the stick Macclaren got (But he was ****).

Whilst i think you need a new manager, i don't think you have to be in any hurry. At least wait to see what he produces at the end of the season - regardless of trophys and more about what he has shaped his side into.

Would you have him?
No :biggrin:
Reply 66
Then why should we?
Reply 67
Kenyon: Avram is here to stay!

Its curtains if you lose to Sunderland. :biggrin:
Reply 68
The media should learn not to take note of what that idiot says. He said the same thing with Ranieri AND Mourinho. Why believe in him now?
Reply 69
I'd watch it, you could turn into a Real Madrid if your not careful haha... ****load of top class players, but as soon as you don't win a cup it's clearing your desk by 10am the next day.

And, jesus... 1am. ****. Work in 8 hours. Woohoo.
Reply 70
loadmalz
I'd watch it, you could turn into a Real Madrid if your not careful haha... ****load of top class players, but as soon as you don't win a cup it's clearing your desk by 10am the next day.

And, jesus... 1am. ****. Work in 8 hours. Woohoo.

Oh, haven't you heard? Real Madrid are sacking managers even when they win now :biggrin:
Reply 71
Laevis
Oh, haven't you heard? Real Madrid are sacking managers even when they win now :biggrin:

Del Bosque. I'd be chuffed to have won the league AND the Champions League no matter how well we play. Managers are based on results, just like strikers are on the goals they score. So if a manager doesn't win anything then it goes against him. Think he'd be shoved along if he wins nothing this season. If it was someone with a decent CV I'd give two seasons of decent return. Not asking for league and/or Champions League every season but two seasons of no silverware is unacceptable.
Reply 72
NDGAARONDI
Del Bosque. I'd be chuffed to have won the league AND the Champions League no matter how well we play. Managers are based on results, just like strikers are on the goals they score. So if a manager doesn't win anything then it goes against him. Think he'd be shoved along if he wins nothing this season. If it was someone with a decent CV I'd give two seasons of decent return. Not asking for league and/or Champions League every season but two seasons of no silverware is unacceptable.

More or less agreed. There's just too much politics that goes on at Real Madrid. It looks like Shuster's going to be the second manager in as many season to win the league with Madrid and still be given his marching orders.
Avram is not up to the job but he should be allowed to stay until the end of the season. We should not rush into getting a replacement and wait until someone good (i.e. NOT MANCINI) is available.
Mancini is a funny one. He was one of the most flamboyant, skillful players I ever saw, but Inter just don't play in his image. That said, Inter play more entertaining footy than Chelsea for the most part :p:
NDGAARONDI
The media should learn not to take note of what that idiot says. He said the same thing with Ranieri AND Mourinho. Why believe in him now?

Haha - so true. I largely disregard anything Kenyon says these days ... he really has no moral compunction when it comes to brazenly telling porkies.
Reply 76
Noticed a few said no just for the sake of a rival getting a batter replacement. Update: he must go.
Reply 77
You lost tonight because Cech wasn't in net. Don't start blaming Isrealis.
Reply 78
Looks like some Chelski fans want their club to turn into Newcastle. :flute:
Didn't they concede 3 goals from corners? :laugh:

Latest