The Student Room Group

Can I have opinions please :)

There’s this guy I’ve known since I was 3 and he was 5. I moved away when I was 9 but came back when I was 13 (ages are relevant, I know I’ve put a lot of numbers).

When I came back as a teen, I saw his family a few times but it wasn’t until the year he went to university that I started seeing them frequently. He is at uni to become a farmer and had to do work experience before he went. He chose to do his work experience at the farm next door to my house, out of the entire county which was interesting. He then came over every day to “see my brother” which was really him flirting with me and playing with my brother occasionally. My brother asked him to play nerf and we ended up hiding in my room. He only agreed to play because I grabbed a gun.

In the years since then, he’s not dated anyone, even though he’s at university. He doesn’t currently have a girlfriend and every time he’s home he makes a point to spend time with me, even when it’s only a few minutes since he is usually asked to do countless chores when I’m over at his with my family. He hugged me goodbye the last time I saw him as well, which is out of character as he’s always been averse to affection for the most part.

I’m fairly confident that he really likes me, he’s essentially said it in the way he is around me. I’ve been in love with him since I was 15, I’m now almost 19. I tried to forget about it multiple times but because he’s at university I thought I’d leave it until he was finished. I can’t though. Every time I see him I love him even more, he’s gorgeous and really sweet to me. He’s usually the don’t care, arrogant kind. But when he’s talking to me he’s a different guy and I can’t help but love him.

What should I do? When should I tell him I reciprocate? How do I go about this?
Thank you!
Ehh

He then came over every day to “see my brother” which was really him flirting with me and playing with my brother occasionally. My brother asked him to play nerf and we ended up hiding in my room. He only agreed to play because I grabbed a gun.

^^^ WTF.

Don't know what to say but damn what a weird paragraph.
Reply 2
Original post by Table123
Ehh

He then came over every day to “see my brother” which was really him flirting with me and playing with my brother occasionally. My brother asked him to play nerf and we ended up hiding in my room. He only agreed to play because I grabbed a gun.

^^^ WTF.

Don't know what to say but damn what a weird paragraph.

Regardless of that paragraph which I now should have not included, can you offer anything helpful? Because if not, please don’t post in my thread
Reply 3
My point was that he didn’t come over to see my brother but played it off like he did, which was the first time he showed interest in me that way
You need to go to uni to be a... Farmer?>?

I reckon you should just confess. Just tell him that 'I've been in love with you since i was 15' and I 100% guarantee he feels the same way. Honestly just tell him, it's quite obvious that he feels the same way. Just text him tomorrow and say. Im willing to bet money on his reaction haha.
Adverse to affection and arrogant.

Wow what a winner!!

Honestly if you like this guy so much go out with him, but he is honestly no ladies man if
his two biggest quality are posted above.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
maybe you should text him a lot and meet up to go to the cinema or something. see how it goes from there.
Reply 7
Thanks, considering my options. To the person who obviously didn’t read what I read properly, he USED to be averse to affection UNTIL he started liking me. Now he’s not, but he’s been at uni for 3 years and is still single. I also don’t have his number yet as I haven’t seen him in a while due to his uni being in the southwest (I’m in the southeast) but I’m planning to try to get it next time I see him. Thanks for the input though guys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending