The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

2008 Kent Students

Scroll to see replies

ChicaBonita
Lol nah, I was a dancer up until I was 14, and then it was difficult for me to go to class, and it's been running for a couple of years...
D'you reckon I could join as a beginner?

Yeah, it'd be no problem. They'll go really slow and step by step for you :smile:

Jiu-Jitsu clubs are very beginner friendly :biggrin:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2201
I'm way too lazy for that sort of thing.
GodspeedGehenna
Yeah, it'd be no problem. They'll go really slow and step by step for you :smile:

Jiu-Jitsu clubs are very beginner friendly :biggrin:

Fabulous :smile: Definately sounds like a winner, you've sold it to me :wink:
Hmm, definatly going to be getting a job here!

I'll have no money left from my loan after rent... I've been working like a dog for the last two months and all in all I should have about 1.2k squirreled away in savings but I don't really want to touch it unless I *really* have to.

I'm trying to figure out at the minute whether I can juggle starting uni, getting a new job, moving out AND looking after/riding this horse I've been offered... It's free and it sounds wonderful, just my kinda ride :wink: Stabled in Faversham right outside a bus stop, only problem is it's two days in the week (riding and turning out only) and a day at the weekend (riding, turn out and stable chores)... Don't want to miss the opportunity but also don't want to take on too much! Free horses don't come along very often.
Reply 2204
FREE?

screw everything else, do that!
Could always work at the stables if theres anything going...you'll be there anyway.
getting nervous now!
Em_maK
FREE?

screw everything else, do that!
Could always work at the stables if theres anything going...you'll be there anyway.

True. If the horse is what they say it is - Great to hack, forward going but safe, not spooky and likes to jump and loves cuddles - then it's a very very good deal. I don't want to say yes though if it's going to be hard to get there or if it's going to be too much... Argggh. I'm trying to email her back at the mo but I keep deleting everything I say 'cos it sounds bad. :s-smilie:
come on Kent, sort me accommodation aat
Reply 2208
19 days to go...
Sorted out a job in canterbury today wahoooo
Reply 2210
P_Ben21
Sorted out a job in canterbury today wahoooo

Lucky minx!!
omgomgomg.. 19 days?! holy crap. I still need to get shots, clear out my flat, sort out where im gunna store stuff, take my old sofa down the skip, cancel my broadband/phone, give in my notice to my landlord and pack.

:s-smilie:
Reply 2212
I need to open a bank account, set up direct debits, change a bank address, change my provisional licence address, tell blood bank I'm moving, Clear out most of my room [building work whilst I'm away], tidy, clean etc, get my hair cut, buy some more stuff, chuck out loads of old/unwanted stuff, Ring Microsoft about word [doesn't register],sort out phone plan.....etc.

:no:
I'm going down next Tuesday to try and sort a job out and *hopefully* see this horse...

Today however I have the wonderful task of checking that I've got everything I need.
I need to.. apply for a student loan (:ninja:), make sure I get accomodation that's on campus, sort out the medical stuff, buy things for uni, and pack.
Reply 2215
Hey Im excited! Got my accomm (im in the new postgrad halls on campus!) aaand found some more postgrads awoohoo! Anyway, does anyone know if we need an ariel cable for our TVs to work? When I did undergad in Canterbury we did, because the signal was ****. But I cant really find any info on it anywhere? And the cable we need for the internet is provided in our rooms right?
Reply 2216
[QUOTE='[TuckingFypo]']I need to.. apply for a student loan (:ninja:), make sure I get accomodation that's on campus, sort out the medical stuff, buy things for uni, and pack.

You haven't done that yet????!
Em_maK
I'm making a To-Do list. Its horribly long and depressing.
:no:

I've already made hundreds of those :smile: But then, I'm very organised...as in over-the-top organised.

I need to get shots :eek:, sort out my reassessment of loan/grant :frown:, get myself onto my parent's insurance, sort out a subscription to my magazine, tell the bank my term-time address, get a few more things to take, pack it all, get together all the addresses of my family/friends.....
Bexxxx
Hey Im excited! Got my accomm (im in the new postgrad halls on campus!) aaand found some more postgrads awoohoo! Anyway, does anyone know if we need an ariel cable for our TVs to work? When I did undergad in Canterbury we did, because the signal was ****. But I cant really find any info on it anywhere? And the cable we need for the internet is provided in our rooms right?

Congrats on getting accommodation :biggrin:
I don't know about aerial cables, sorry...but I'm pretty sure that they provide a cable for the internet in the rooms :biggrin:
Do I have to get shots? (Does everyone?)

I don't like needles or drs since the last time I was there... :nope:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending